Channel 540, 4k

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Did you notice the channel packs inset that says, "4K usage requires the Hopper 3 receiver"? If that is literally true, then that excludes the 4K Joey which does not have HDR. Hmmm.

As I write this on Saturday morning, I'm getting the Fox Super Bowl feed on 540-01 instead of the Dish promo graphic. Interesting stuff.

However, since my Fox affiliate is one of the Apollo stations, when I attempt to set up a recording of the game I get the "We're sorry" blackout pop-up. I can record the game on my OTA dongle, but can't watch it in 4k on Dish.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
I just called Dish tech services. They remotely reset the signal. Took about 10 minutes. Now 540 comes up, but it s no better than normal Fox channel. They said others should call Fox and not Dish as they beleive it's their problem

I just called Dish tech services. They remotely reset the signal. Took about 10 minutes. Now 540 comes up, but it s no better than normal Fox channel. They said others should call Fox and not Dish as they beleive it's their problem

Its not going to be much better since its not real 4K anyways. Just an up convert.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here is a good reason to watch the game from home....wow.

Most expensive tickets to Super Bowl 54
WebsitePrice
SeatGeek$15,770
Vivid Seats$13,994
StubHub$29,000
NFL Exchange$14,250
Cheapest tickets to Super Bowl 54
WebsitePrice
SeatGeek$4,653
Vivid Seats$4,697
StubHub$4,795
NFL Exchange$4,770

I’m able to use 540 on the Hopper 3 even on a non-4K regular HD TV! It is so clear compared to anything else off of the Dish. If they could make all channels this clear I’d stay with Dish...

So Dish can provide 1080p; it just took 18-20 years after Dish HD became available.
:D

DISH actually has had 1080P for years including before Hoppers on the VIP. I have watched on demand movies 1080P on my VIP 612's. Virtually no one broadcast above 1080I anyway and that includes OTA so why bother with more bandwidth for 1080P?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)