Channel master driver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
One of my friends has an old electronics store with some ancient stuff on the shelf.
One thing I noticed when I was there was a "channel Master actuator Driver"

It was a black box that had 36V motor wires (output) and had input terminals that said "up, down, reference voltage" etc. It said "for use with 4717 units only".

Is this some type of power supply for a big dish actuator back in the day.
This stuff looks 30 years old new in the box.

He has some old school blonder tongue headend gear too.
Channel eliminators, saw filtered modulators, MA-Com antenna amplifiers for 450 ohm ladder antenna wire. LOL

Is this some type of power supply for a big dish actuator back in the day.

yes i suspect its a dish moving power supply. some were seperate and others had a cable that connected to a receiver that when the receiver told the dish to move it would tell the power supply too.

Life before integration..... I guess back in those days if the motor power supply went bad you could save your receiver.

My first dish had hand cranks. You used these cranks for moving the dish from one Sat to the next . Next came the actuators, I had to get a Positioner for my 1st actuator. I think this is what you have found, a Positioner? My positioner had Up/Down buttons to move it east/west, depending on how you had it wired. This one looks like it was made to operate with the 4717 receiver, which means it had a link/wire (sort of like a D-Link) to integrate it with that receiver. So it could be operated through the receiver, such as Sat locations. Where in my case, all I had was Up/Down buttons and had to write down the position numbers from the Positioner to know which Sat was where?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts