channel won't change after inactivity?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
i have a vip 612 .i leave it on all the time ,i have the inactive setting set to disable but it still shuts it down after several hours.it says press select to view tv,sometimes it works when i do that other times i get the last channel i was on the night before but the remote will not respond to any command.i can use the up and down arrow or try to punch a different channel in but nothing works.i have to push the re set button on the receiver then wait for it to do it's thing to acquire signal

You can disable the inactivity timer but you cannot disable the daily reset. You can change the time of that reset or have it active recording and it may skip a reset. Skip 2 or 3 and eventual it will reset despite you and without asking even if you are recording because it has memory leaks, a stack overflow, or it just gets confused.
-Ken

I used to leave my 4900 and 301 receivers on all the time, without any apparent problems. But that seems to give more recent receivers (from the 501 onward) grief. I think Ken is right; it's buggy software. Or maybe buggy DVR software.

Receiver is never off, just in stand-by mode, an occasional power cord reboot might be in order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)