channels on 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
C-banders: What is the polarity of the nbc channel on 99W, KCWY?? Lyngsat shows it as H, and most of the other channels on that satellite too, but it scans in as vertical on my 10'. And that fox channel on 3720, whats polarity for it? It won't scan in for love nor money. I am quickly becoming unhappy with this c-band lnbf I am trying, almost ready to put the old feedhorn back on it and change polarity w/the analog box like I used to. THAT was working just as it should, but I decided I needed the easy button. I'll learn to leave things alone someday!

Yep, H on both.

There is a long thread in the Network section at Ricks about some receivers/cards having issues with Fox 3720, not sure what the deal is or if the problem was figured out.

That Fox 3720 is KRBK, which is my local OTA Fox affiliate so I don't watch it FTA much, but I did just scan it in manually on a microHD, not sure if it will blindscan.

thks j, I tried putting in the tp manually and scanning, no dice. 77fta:: I have turned it every way to Sunday, and it just seems to have a mind of its own, certain satellites it will be correct, scan in everything, and others it just is a mixed up device. May try turning it to what looks like upside down, lol, see if that helps. But I think I've already done that too!
Just didn't feel like dragging out the power cord/tv and stuff in the back yard today, maybe tomorrow.

Yep, H on both.

There is a long thread in the Network section at Ricks about some receivers/cards having issues with Fox 3720, not sure what the deal is or if the problem was figured out.

That Fox 3720 is KRBK, which is my local OTA Fox affiliate so I don't watch it FTA much, but I did just scan it in manually on a microHD, not sure if it will blindscan.
It should scan in on MicroHD as 3720H 8703.

What LNBF is it Turbo?

I took a C/Ku Corotor off and put a DMX741 LNBF on back about 3 years ago and I'll never go back. I didn't loose a nickels worth of performance in that swap and it's much easier to use these systems with LNBFs and a Vbox X or 7 instead of that GI 920 with FTA receivers slaved to it.

Your mileage may vary though!

Lone gunman it was a cheap amazon.com job, not branded that I can remember. It's a puzzle, lol. I got it working better, and scanned in the NBC channel after a bit. It actually helped when I got off 97W and went over to 99W where the channels are,hehe. (Don't know how my position got off-still moving the big dish with the GI 650, but I think I must've borked something. Haven't had the actuator off, I know that much!). Might be a little more tweaking to get that S2 channel there.
Mean while, the Alaska network channels are back!!!
edit: Lone Gunman, I went to amazon and looked it up, its a BSC421. Next time I think I'll go for the digiwave brand and see if they're any easier to set up.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts