Channels showing up twice in channel guide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AE6CH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
San Jose, CA
I just swapped out my regular receiver for a DVR, and all the channels in the guide show up twice. I assume thats not expected behavior?

No, I do not have any channels showing up twice, however I do not use an OTA antenna. There are a lot of reasons that antenna channels could show up twice such as the same broadcast being transmitted on two frequencies. Even then, not all channels would have duplicates.

You may be showing both the SD and HD version of the channels. You can hide the duplicate SD channels.
1) Select Settings on the Menu tab
2) Select Guide
3) Under Advanced Set Hide Duplicate SD Channels to On

I did not realize that your post was concerning Orby TV. My solution was for Dish receivers. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No, I do not have any channels showing up twice, however I do not use an OTA antenna. There are a lot of reasons that antenna channels could show up twice such as the same broadcast being transmitted on two frequencies. Even then, not all channels would have duplicates.

I don't have OTA either. This is just the satellite channels.

I don't have OTA either. This is just the satellite channels.
I have duplicates too. Orby DVR. Just set up today, no OTA ch yet (gotta stop n get a diplexer). Wasn't sure if this was normal, maybe just a glitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)