Chaparral Corotor II

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgeldelapaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Miami
New At C-band i have 10'mesh dish feed horn is Chaparral Corotor II it has c band lnb and i guess it is ku lnb (ku lnd info is model ku 1170 HMT input 11.70-12.20 ghz
output 950-1450 mhz it says on it California Amplifier HEMT low noise block converter)C -band lnb eagle aspen my question is how do i hook up to reciver do i use diseq also dish is goint to fix for know also have 3 wires black red white does the lnb take pwer to work. thank you:confused:

My CoolSat would use the switch to move between C & Ku while some receivers have separate C & Ku inputs.
The 3 wires are for the polarity servo motor. Most FTA receivers aren't able to control that. I use an old analog receiver to control polarity.

i Have a emp centauri diseq and view sat ultra do i connect the output of lnb to my diseq.Pick sat up scan and watch tv

I have viewsat ultra EMP CENTAURI diseq the output from the lnb to diseq scan sat and watch tv

Yes, but you will still need a way to control the polarity.
If you don't have an old analog receiver that has polarity servo control, there are other methods.
You could remove the servo and change polarity by hand. (The servo is the blue box on the Corotor with the 3 small wires coming from it.)
You could set it horiz and scan those transponders, switch to vert and scan those...

for now i am going to leave the dish fix at one bird i have no motor on it .How do i go about manually changing polarity or what can i use to change polarity on servo beside the receiver

I would go ahead and hook it up and try a scan. See what transponders you get (they will either be horiz or vertical)
That will at least tell you where it is currently set at.
If you remove the servo (blue box) you will see the mechanism that controls the polarity... just turn it 90 degrees to switch between polarity.
Problem doing it by hand tho, you will have to tinker with it to get your skew correct.

What actually control the servo motor also can i use GBox V3000 Satellite Position/Controller with out having a motor later on i want to put motor i could not pass the offer on the dish 10' aluminum mesh dish ,perfect condition including the feed horn with lnb for $100.00

Several models of Pansat recever will control your servo motor on the dish for polarty.
They include:
- Pansat 2500
- Pansat 2700
- Pansat 3500
The 3500 is the newest of the bunch, and more likely to be easily located.
The other two are older models.
Pansat also has a 2800 that looks a lot like the 3500, but does not have servo control.

I'm not a Pansat owner, and so there's a small chance I've made a typo or overlooked something.
Please verify the above before purchasing a receiver.

Now then, to move your BUD, there is a control box that should work with any modern DVB receiver.
While several companies make similar units, the best is probably the Gbox 3000.
There are discussions and a review of it on this site.

i cast my vote ,if Gbox V4000 with polarator comes out that is all i would need to control servo i wonder if it would work with my current receiver also i went to panarex the 3500 s/sd it does have servo control. Skew : 3 Push Terminal (5V, gnd, pulse) for now i will do what you said set it up and scan and wait for Gbox V4000 .

Thank you for your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts