Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes Plus What You Missed! 8.23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NOTE FROM SCOTT:

I got this from DISH Network a few minutes ago... HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE CHARLIE CHAT WAS CUT OFF.

Looks like there was an error in Cheyenne -- here's the quick recap from the studio guys. Excuse any spelling errors and shorthand ;).

1024 is the trivia answer.
The winner is Edward White of Oskego (sp?) Minnesota.

3D will probably start in 4th quarter (presumably this year) Start with some dedicated channels. Quite a bit of new technology of 3D (new chipsets, new technology). Will get more excited about 3D with the next generation of technology of set-top boxes and TV sets about a year from now.
Still might need 3D glasses.
Technical explainer about using every other frame of video.
Will improve that with new chipsets next year.
Don't know if it'll cost extra. Probably some basic stuff and some premium.

A picture is often worth a thousand words... plus some bytes... (a work in progress, had to work tonight)

Attachments

• Dish BIG 10.JPG
    Dish BIG 10.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • Big 10.mp3
    835.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Tailgating.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 334
  • Sheila from Montana.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • Dish Tailgating.JPG
    Dish Tailgating.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,534
  • College Football on Dish.JPG
    College Football on Dish.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Dish.com gridiron.JPG
    Dish.com gridiron.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • Game Plan.JPG
    Game Plan.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Google tv for 922.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 691
  • Dish 3D.mp3
    463.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited by a moderator:
Re; Tailgating.....I guess Charlie doesn't have a problem with anyone taking their receiver from home with them in their RV, contrary to some of the contract language and differing opions here.

Updated first post with a recap of what you missed on the chat when it was cut off for the Katy Perry Concert...

Thanks to DISH for sending over the recap to me. :)

The "Blackouts" or so they call it on some games really pisses me off.... I pay for ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD last year I was watching one game on local CBS HD which was fine..it was the main one I wanted to watch. But for some reason a whole other game was on ESPN2 HD that I wanted to flip over to catch some and it was blacked out?? Talk about a WTF moment....Neither of these teams were in this region so what would it matter..why not just show it rather than a damn screen saying it wasn't available?!!?? I raised holy hell with Dish after that and even had a CSR close the chat on me.. got back on raised more hell to a manager. No luck in getting it turned on but IMO it would be just as easy to show it so long as the local stations carried the local teams on it.

Speaking of Katy Perry, WOW! :heart

I continued to watch this after the chat & was glued to the TV. Thank you dish for the glitch. I wouldn't have watched it otherwise.

Just for clairification, are they saying that the current hardware that is in the field will not do 3D? I.E. The ViP Series receivers? I would not think that that would be the case, as DirecTV's HR series is able to do it.

So where is the actual recap of the first part? All I see here is the recap what was cut off.

Thanks for the hard work.

You know what would have been funny/ironic? ...A question proposed to Charlie about Disney HD channels/Dish dispute and then, CUT to concert. :D

If I were DirecTV, I would SO use that as a commercial.

Exactly how much money do they think we all make at our jobs?
"A month of Dish cost as much as most of us make in 20 minutes at our jobs". Holy crap.
Also, we'll charge a "small" fee to upgrade to a 922. Since when is $200 a small fee?

Just for clairification, are they saying that the current hardware that is in the field will not do 3D? I.E. The ViP Series receivers? I would not think that that would be the case, as DirecTV's HR series is able to do it.

I think he is more referring to the TV chipsets. Panels are coming that do 3D without glasses and with a much wider viewing area. 3D without glasses is the future of that technology. It 'supposedly' gets rid of the headache, etc...

Maybe he meant to say 20 minutes out of every day of the month. That would be more in the ballpark.

Exactly how much money do they think we all make at our jobs?
"A month of Dish cost as much as most of us make in 20 minutes at our jobs". Holy crap.
Also, we'll charge a "small" fee to upgrade to a 922. Since when is $200 a small fee?

Well, he did you catch where Charlie slipped his tongue and said, '...when you send us your paycheck every month.' That was great too. (Right up there when he mentioned their current 'Top 100' package as an option too. We know what he meant, but at the same time I think some of the people in this forum know more about his company than he does!)

I recorded the Charlie Chat rebroadcast at 8pm Pacific Monday without the concert following it and it showed what was cut off at the end of the live broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts