Chat Room / Vista Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I haven't been able to access the Charlie Chat for a few months now. I suspect a Windows (XP) security update is the culprit, but don't know. It goes to chat page, but the inner window is just solid grey with the x in left hand corner - like it won't load the graphics somehow.

I've got a question, I'm a regular member and I have Java and everything and I cant get to the chat, it just says the class wasnt loaded.. ?

Edit: Just installed the latest version, still nothing.

Last edited:
I normally use offset dishes here in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. By mistake I bought a prime focus 1.8 dish. Is there a way I could convert the prime focus dish into a 1.8 offset dish? Does anyone sell brackets to do that? Thanks

I got one better.. vista's IE complete dies.. I finally found something about DEP .. which is some crappy new feature that detects a program messing with memory that windows doesn't like and it boots the program..

Yeah, my wife is going to format this thing REALLY soon, she's very sick of Vista..

yay.. found the magic fix!!! DEP is a crappy new feature that is enabled by default now, making Java incompatible.. this fixes that crappy app..

Some explorer crashes, especially in the early builds of vista, are due to DEP violations. Turn it off and see if it helps.
DEP or NoExecute Protection will be a vital part of vista security. During these early builds, however, it can lead to many explorer crashes.

If you are getting a lot of explorer crashes, disable it and see if it helps.

Disable DEP in Vista:

1. Click Start
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Right Click on Command Prompt
5. Left click on Run as Administrator
6. Click the Allow button if it asks you for permission
7. Type or copy and paste this into the command prompt window:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

8. Hit enter and you should see the confirmation: Operation Completed Successfully
9. Reboot and DEP should be off.

I normally use offset dishes here in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. By mistake I bought a prime focus 1.8 dish. Is there a way I could convert the prime focus dish into a 1.8 offset dish? Does anyone sell brackets to do that? Thanks
Post this question in the Free To Air (FTA) Discussion Forum, and you may get a quicker response? Maybe a Moderator will move this thread over there, and you can follow it? Good Luck!
Why won't you just use the dish as a Prime Focus dish. Most of my dishes are Prime Focus and work well. Or at least give it a try?

I got one better.. vista's IE complete dies.. I finally found something about DEP .. which is some crappy new feature that detects a program messing with memory that windows doesn't like and it boots the program..

DEP was on XP, also. I haven't had any trouble with Vista, personally. The chat room works fine.

I cant get in on vista, it stops it saying it cant verify the publisher.

that actually sounds like the settings in "tools", "Internet Options", tab "Security". In there you can click on customize and change the "Download signed activex controls" and/or "download unsigned activex controls". which should allow it to at least prompt you to install the cab file. if you still get an error after that it might not be running the control, theres more stuff in there for that.

You can search google for "Vista can't verify publisher" you should find several places that show details on how to fix the issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)