CHICAGO METRO AREA VOOM

Thanks for the info!

Sean,

thanks for the heads up. I will check all the signal strengths and wont let them leave till I am satisfied.

Bill

They are coming back out on Saturday to fix my Voom install. Because now I can get all the OTA channels, HDN, and the first three Cinema but nothing else.

Replacement Antenna

Installers came yesterday to replace the stealth antenna with a winegard HD7082. Now everything is blasting in including CBS (I am 40 miles west of Chicago)

Good morning all,

Anyone in chicago or other area's having issue's with Sat signal Quality this morning? I keep getting break ups. Just tried a power reset we'll see it that clears it up.

Adant will comeout Wednesday to fix my install. I can't get any signal from my satellite. It's been like this since the 10th.

No Starz

Well my family room receiver cant get Starz. when you hit 261 you get bravo HD. They also did not seal around the holes they drilled in my house.

Bill

stevegs1 said:
Read on AVS Forum that they are replacing equipment.

If it is stb, that V* is replacing this is known for everyone who signed up before 2/20/04 and has an older box model. These new boxes are that great either as they sometime work and other times do not work.

Sean Mota said:
If it is stb, that V* is replacing this is known for everyone who signed up before 2/20/04 and has an older box model. These new boxes are that great either as they sometime work and other times do not work.

Sorry should have clarified- WPWR Channel 50 is replacing/upgrading their equipment. Should be back on line soon.

Feel Better

stevegs1 said:
Sorry should have clarified- WPWR Channel 50 is replacing/upgrading their equipment. Should be back on line soon.

Now I feel better. It;s strange that my OTA strength is 73 and I am not getting WPWR but everything else :)

Bill

So I decided to take a chance with Voom. I'm scheduled to have it installed out here in Sugar Grove next Thursday. I now get CBS DT-3 watchable only about 50% of the time with my attic mounted RadioShack "Stealth-like" amplified antenna. (Which I guess isn't too bad for a smaller antenna mounted in the attic probably 45 miles out from the transmitters on a VHF station) But I'm hoping whatever Voom brings out and installs outside will get it a little more reliably. Otherwise, I may have to keep the local package for cable out here (Mediacom - Who don't offer HD by the way) just to get CBS. Wish me luck!

Tell them to bring a Winegard

FunkyBoss said:
So I decided to take a chance with Voom. I'm scheduled to have it installed out here in Sugar Grove next Thursday. I now get CBS DT-3 watchable only about 50% of the time with my attic mounted RadioShack "Stealth-like" amplified antenna. (Which I guess isn't too bad for a smaller antenna mounted in the attic probably 45 miles out from the transmitters on a VHF station) But I'm hoping whatever Voom brings out and installs outside will get it a little more reliably. Otherwise, I may have to keep the local package for cable out here (Mediacom - Who don't offer HD by the way) just to get CBS. Wish me luck!

Call Voom and tell them that you need an antenna that can get a signal at least 60 miles and that you would like the Winegard 7084. Thats what my installer brought and installed and I could not get CBS 2 from chicago (I am over 40 miles from Chicago). I now get CBS and all the other stations. Have Voom get on it right away and your installer wil bring it with him otherwise you will get a Channel master stealth and that will not help you. I had one and could not get CBS.

Bill

Larger Antenna

FunkyBoss said:

I live out near Elgin and the stealth didnt work-they replaced witha Winegard HD7082 and everything including CBS comes in great.

Now Problem

Just turned to WGN 9-2 to watch smallville in HD, picture is awesome but no audio. I tried changin box to PCM , etc and no go. all other OTA channels have audio.

Bill

Sound

Videofx said:
Just turned to WGN 9-2 to watch smallville in HD, picture is awesome but no audio. I tried changin box to PCM , etc and no go. all other OTA channels have audio.

Bill

I just checked 9-1 and 9-2 and have sound on both-maybe its fixed now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts