" Christmas Present" ??

"New Hd in 2016?

• yes

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • no

Votes: 24 54.5%

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
So anyway, my support for better HD instead of 4K was just in theory. I finally got a 'larger' HDTV, with 1080p and was streaming with the Roku and watching blu-rays. Absolutely gorgeous! Then I switch to HBO on Dish... egad!!!

It isn't bad, but it certainly isn't great.

So in application, as well as theory, toss 4K to curb and improve HD distribution!

i agree with some of you folks who want more hd on dish they could do that and start rolling on 4k channels like the ones on the SES satellite why would you have the hopper 3 dvr that does 4k if you do not have 4k channels to watch.

why not dish add the SES satellite 4k channels it should be easy to add them to our lineup just pondering :)

My view on 4K TV's is - wait and see. As an example, my son decided to get one, and I had some interest too, so we both started researching. So far, since Thanksgiving, he has brought home 5 different TV's and each and every one shows judder to at least some degree. Some are worse than others. No amount of tweaking the settings could make it go completely away and even then, at the best obtainable results, they all developed the "soap opera effect". Before somebody jumps in with an explanation of 24fps etc, I know what the problem is, what I'm waiting for is the solution and so far it just has not been fully realized. I won't waste money on flawed technology so I'll wait. YMMV.

hello my friends here is the website for the SES satellite that you guys can check out

https://www.ses.com/north-america/video-services
OK, I checked it out. It says they have an "Ultra HD solution", NOT that anyone is uplinking UHD on their satellites.

But let's say they are. And it's a channel Dish wants to carry. Thanks to technology, you can now get HD into a 6mpbs slot (it won't look great, but it will be there). UHD is 4x the resolution of HD, right? So just where do you expect Dish to find 24mpbs of bandwidth?

Now, you said "it should be easy to add them to our lineup". OK, if it's so easy, what's the solution?

We've already talked about your dish being fixed looking at three satellites. You won't easily be able to add a fourth.

Before somebody jumps in with an explanation of 24fps etc, I know what the problem is, what I'm waiting for is the solution and so far it just has not been fully realized. I won't waste money on flawed technology so I'll wait. YMMV.

A professional calibration on a capable set (true 120Hz) should be able to eliminate all interpolation (which leads to the soap opera effect) for all media formats - 24, 30, and 60 fps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts