Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

foghorn2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 29, 2006
las vegas
My request was "denied" because I was double-billed by Dish Network and, after several weeks and numerous promises by E* to return our money, I finally had our credit card company chargeback the funds to our card. Leave it to Dish Network to piss off a "most valued customer" who always pays his bill within a day or two of being electronically posted and more than two weeks before due date.

Adios Dish Network! I have stomached DishHD-Lite, I can tolerate poor customer service, but I cannot deal with being treated like a deadbeat because they cannot unscrew their billing error. It looks like I will be selling my three 622s and PocketDish soon.

Sorry to see you go.

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
My request was "denied" because I was double-billed by Dish Network and, after several weeks and numerous promises by E* to return our money, I finally had our credit card company chargeback the funds to our card. Leave it to Dish Network to piss off a "most valued customer" who always pays his bill within a day or two of being electronically posted and more than two weeks before due date.

Adios Dish Network! I have stomached DishHD-Lite, I can tolerate poor customer service, but I cannot deal with being treated like a deadbeat because they cannot unscrew their billing error. It looks like I will be selling my three 622s and PocketDish soon.

PM me how much you want for the 622.

jpdubose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2007
South Alabama
I subscribe to E* through my phone company (bundled). I called the phone company and asked if I could get this deal and was told that I could not since I am billed through them and not directly from DISH.

jynxsee

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
Just subscribed. Took about 2 minutes. Good deal. Now I need to keep an eye on my bill and make sure they don't bork it up...

gjh3260

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2006
New Brighton, Minnesota
Just got off the phone with a CSR.......she said it would require paperless billing and autopay for 3 years which is fine. She said the deal would be automatically renewed each year so I got Cinemax for 3 years for 3 cents. I repeated this to the CSR just to make sure this was correct and she said yes. 3 years for 3 cents. GREAT DEAL

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Sorry to see you go.
We have largely enjoyed our Dish Network service and love the 622s, but it's on to FiOS and the Tivo HD DVR. I will miss participating in the E* forums and I will miss the wonderful 622, but I will not miss the current watered-down version of DishHD-Lite. I sure hope E* turns things around after launching new satellites next year.

rsmith7

Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
San Diego, CA
Thanks to this wonderful site I too have signed up. I see there is varying time frames for others. CSR told me that I would be auto-renewed next year at $.01 until 2009.

Would be nice to know the real true behind the offer. 1, 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

ahope577

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 8, 2006
Somerset PA
Thanks to OP and Satguys for bringing this to us....
Just a suggestion is it possible for the staff to start sticky threads with current offers on E* and D* to make it a little more accessible to to all members?

We have this great offer, there was the Sometime free for 3 months....

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Excellent deal! Thank you! I did this through Live Chat and the lady actually called ME to assist further. Went flawlessly, got Cinemax for 2 years at a penny a year, also signed up for the DVR Advantage to save me more money. The lady that called me (Michelle) was very nice and was actually from the US of A (spoke excellent english :D ). Thanks again!

havok019

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks for the post. Signed up and got 2 years for .02. I already had autopay and they required I sign up for paperless billing. I hate not getting an actual bill, but for free Cinemax for 2 years I guess I can deal without another letter to toss.

I signed up through the online service rep and it was really easy unlike most of the phone calls I've had to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)