Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

Based on all the hoops everyone is having to jump through to get this deal, I'm going to pass. It's obviously very attractive, but I don't need the associated stress.

What a truly sorry state DISH is in. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and neither hand knows how to do it anyway.

It's both maddening and sad at the same time.

I'm glad they're not my natural gas provider.
It was pretty easy - they turned it on, but due to a glitch the channels did not turn on. I was like you and said "great, why did I do it". But then, on a quick 2nd chat, they identified the problem and promptly fixed it. Go for it! Good luck.

Hi, does anyone know if this will fly for new/fairly new people to the Dish? I've been thinking about signing up with Direct or Dish for HD (don't care as much about SD)...and I've had an HD tv for 3+ years with no HD programming. Cinemax for .03 for 3 years and a free hd dvr may sway me even though Direct has USA, Speed, and FX in HD.

Worked for me

No problem for me - online chat, 5-10 minutes, added paperless billing and got the 1 cent deal. Thanks in large part to the SatelliteGuys.US community!

Cinemax censors their movies and isn't even worth 2 cents. The December 23rd showing of "Cat People" on MoreMax was missing one of the first scenes where the guy was first morphing into the black leopard. Whether Cinemax cut the scene out to save time or to keep the religious right happy, its totally unacceptable for a subscription movie service to be cutting up the movies they show, that's TBS' job. I have subscribed to them for years as I have the other "premium" services, but I canceled Cinemax and even if I got a two cent offer, I wouldn't take it back. I saw this movie several times on The Movie Channel in the 80's and they didn't edit it even back then. I can't believe Cinemax is doing this now. The worst part about the whole thing is how many other movies have they edited that I've never seen before and wouldn't know the difference? You can't trust them. No wonder they have a two cent offer.

Yeah, I know what you mean....i just 'hate' the way the sensor Sin City...the 'religious right' has to be so please with them on this...:D

I just did it through the online chat. Go go customer service and click "live chat" in the lower left-hand corner. Select "billing questions" from the list and enter your information.
You will be placed in a queue and all you need to do when the representative comes online is type "I would like to sign up for Cinemax for 12 months for a penny" and you will get signed up until January 31, 2010.

I already had autopay with paperless billing feature as part of DVR HOme Advantage.

Transcript of agreement is:
"To be eligible to receive Cinemax for the next 12 months for just a penny you have agreed to sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing. You will continue to receive Cinemax for 12 months for a penny until January 31, 2010 as long as you keep AutoPay with Paperless Billing. If you remove AutoPay with Paperless Billing you must call within 30 days to remove Cinemax from your account to avoid the $5 downgrade fee and to avoid paying normal price for Cinemax programming. Annual Cinemax for a penny does not package with other premium channels, such as HBO, Showtime, or Starz."

Transcript of agreement is:
"To be eligible to receive Cinemax for the next 12 months for just a penny you have agreed to sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing. You will continue to receive Cinemax for 12 months for a penny until January 31, 2010 as long as you keep AutoPay with Paperless Billing. If you remove AutoPay with Paperless Billing you must call within 30 days to remove Cinemax from your account to avoid the $5 downgrade fee and to avoid paying normal price for Cinemax programming. Annual Cinemax for a penny does not package with other premium channels, such as HBO, Showtime, or Starz."[/QUOTE]

We also signed up and I also got my best friend in NC to sign up.

However we have 1 more thing to add, there is also a $5 fee to downgrade in Jan/2010 otherwise they will charge you the current Cinimax rate on your bill.
So they get you coming and going.
Lets hope most of us remember to cancel or downgrade prior to 1/31/10
I even put a reminder in my iPod Touch calendar so I wont forget.

Yeah, I know what you mean....i just 'hate' the way the sensor Sin City...the 'religious right' has to be so please with them on this...:D
Its ok for them to show a half hour of fake sex, but they want to mess with legitimate theatrical releases, that's just great. I wasn't aware they messed with Sin City, but I'm not surprised.

Hi, does anyone know if this will fly for new/fairly new people to the Dish? I've been thinking about signing up with Direct or Dish for HD (don't care as much about SD)...and I've had an HD tv for 3+ years with no HD programming. Cinemax for .03 for 3 years and a free hd dvr may sway me even though Direct has USA, Speed, and FX in HD.

I have been a subscriber for just 8 days. I just got off the chat with a CSR and he indicated that the offer was only applicable to subscribers of 6 months or more, and that the offer is available until 01/31/08.

There must be a lot of people trying to chat because it took a half hour to get through. It worked, so thanks for the information. It's nice to have a place to get this type of information since it does not seem to be widely communicated.

David

Sin City Diaries is produced specifically for Cinemax. How do they censor it? Or are you referring to something else?

I did it last night over chat. Took less than ten minutes and I have Cinemax now. I will have to watch for my bill though as this almost seems to good to be true as I already had paperless billing and auto pay.

Just got in on this one myself .... i like getting something for nothing .... :)

edit - just checked online ... they added it to my account page ..

"International or
A La Carte or Add-ons: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, Setanta, F.... "

Last edited:
I just signed up for it too. It took less than a minute to get a chat session going. They knew all about the offer and got me signed up.
The online chat is the way to go.

I just signed up for it too. It took less than a minute to get a chat session going. They knew all about the offer and got me signed up.
The online chat is the way to go.

No doubt, thank you Dishnetwork and Satelliteguys for making me aware of the offer. Censored or not, I now have a new HD Channel plus some standard ones for $0.01/year for the next two years. Amazes me that anyone could complain about that!

Cool just got off the phone with dish and now have CINEMAX for one year for a $0.01 and i can renew up to year 2010. Thanks Guys!!

I didn't mention Satelliteguys, just told them I wanted the Cinemax for a penny deal. Odds are whatever Indian calling himself Bob over on Dish's chat doesn't know Satelliteguys from anything... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)