Cleveland Browns

Nope, that WAS a good drive ...

I was disappointed that the Steelers didn't throw down field more, perticularly after Holmes ran right by their 2 deep backs.

Jimbo

There was a couple of dropped passes by the receivers, if they caught the balls, Ben would of had a better statistical game. IMO the Steelers D got lazy on that one drive they managed to pull off, IMO they probably felt "were so far ahead we can take it easy".

There was a couple of dropped passes by the receivers, if they caught the balls, Ben would of had a better statistical game. IMO the Steelers D got lazy on that one drive they managed to pull off, IMO they probably felt "were so far ahead we can take it easy".

Except for the fact that they still had a shutout going, that should be enough to keep the D sharp .... then again, Tomlin may have had backups in in some areas, I don't know.

Jimbo

okay to set this thread straight...SCREW pittsburgh vs Cleveland series, Its all about the cincy pitt matchup. If cleveland had a team where these games mean something it would be different but they dont...also the Pittsburgh Cincy matchup have alot more heart, and to that I say, WHO DEY! WE DEY!

okay to set this thread straight...SCREW pittsburgh vs Cleveland series, Its all about the cincy pitt matchup. If cleveland had a team where these games mean something it would be different but they dont...also the Pittsburgh Cincy matchup have alot more heart, and to that I say, WHO DEY! WE DEY!

WHO DEY! WHO DEY!

Sorry stewart, you are quite wrong about Cleveland not playing important games, every game they play against the Steelers is very important, for the Steelers !
If somehow the Steelers were to lose a game to Cleveland (in thier current state) it would be a severe blow to the Steelers ....

Now, lets see if they let the Miricle kid Quinn play against Cincy., it's thier only chance.

Jimbo

Sorry stewart, you are quite wrong about Cleveland not playing important games, every game they play against the Steelers is very important, for the Steelers !
If somehow the Steelers were to lose a game to Cleveland (in thier current state) it would be a severe blow to the Steelers ....

Now, lets see if they let the Miricle kid Quinn play against Cincy., it's thier only chance.

Jimbo

JImbo, I dont think it would be a blow to the steelers like you hope, also When I say play a meaningful game I mean like who wins the AFC, or something like that, lets face it the browns still have a couple steps to take, and you can play quinn all you want, but your recievers still have to catch, and K2 and several others dropped alot of balls today. I really believe, scratch that I know the bengals steelers mean more today, then the browns steelers.

JImbo, I dont think it would be a blow to the steelers like you hope, also When I say play a meaningful game I mean like who wins the AFC, or something like that, lets face it the browns still have a couple steps to take, and you can play quinn all you want, but your recievers still have to catch, and K2 and several others dropped alot of balls today. I really believe, scratch that I know the bengals steelers mean more today, then the browns steelers.

I definatly agree with the Steelers / Bengals match up meaning more.
I was trying to point out that a loss to the Browns (Steelers) would have long standing effects over the long haul, every win matters in the NFL.

Jimbo

The Steelers-Bungle and Steelers-Raven match up definitely means more for division titles than Steelers-Brownies match up.

But The Steelers-Brownies match up is just the hatred between the two teams and cities, the other two match ups surely has hatred, but nothing like Steelers-Brownies.

What an awful showing and a miserable way to start the season. I am completely embarrassed by the Brown's showing yesterday. Their complete lack of effort and passion lies directly on Romeo Crennel's shoulders. For us to lose the way we did (1-12 against divisional opponents) is completely unacceptable.

The Browns have more talent on their roster since they came back into the league in '99, however the team looks completely divided. No one knows who the starting QB is, (Lame duck anyway until the arrival of BQ) and our head coach lacks the decision making skills and fire that it takes to be a leader.

What will it take to coax Cowher out of retirement?

What an awful showing and a miserable way to start the season. I am completely embarrassed by the Brown's showing yesterday. Their complete lack of effort and passion lies directly on Romeo Crennel's shoulders. For us to lose the way we did (1-12 against divisional opponents) is completely unacceptable.

The Browns have more talent on their roster since they came back into the league in '99, however the team looks completely divided. No one knows who the starting QB is, (Lame duck anyway until the arrival of BQ) and our head coach lacks the decision making skills and fire that it takes to be a leader.

What happened to this ALL-STAR Offensive line you were talking about?

Point deduction for flip-flopping. Remember post #25?

Point deduction for flip-flopping. Remember post #25?

Not flopping. I was being a bit sarcastic and over dramatic in response to my selfish desperation to win against our rivals. (Figure that Ex-Yinz may have a little inside info on how to put together a win against the AFC-North)

Us Browns Backers are searching for some desperate answers to our lack of leadership.

Stop the bleeding! Word from Cleveland is they are close to trading/cutting Charlie Frye. Also, recently cut 3rd string QB Ken Dorsey, was seen in Browns offices yesterday. Rumor is Dorsey (friends with Brady Quinn) was brought back in to get BQ up to speed to start within the next 2-3 weeks. Has anyone else seen a firestorm like this after 2 quarters following a 1 week performance?! :eek:

The BIG One - WTAM 1100

Next game versus the Bengals. Yet another loss for the Brownies.