Close Caption ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

O2BRich

Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Does anyone know why the receiver controls CC instead of the TV.

In my opinion the receivers CC sucks. :mad:

Sometimes it bounces around the screen and is on to short to read.

Thanks

Which model receiver? I am not doubting you, just want to get information, see, my D10s all pass the CC to the TV untouched, then my TV controls it, additionally, at least with my D10s, there aren't even any CC controls in the receivers menus.

I do, however, see different CC methods, including the kind you talk about, it seems to me, that the bouncing around could be controlled by the broadcaster as well as the user-end equipment (STB/TV, etc).

:)

Sorry

HR20...

My TiVO works fine.

Interesting, I don't suppose there are any kind of menus for CC in the HR20s menus?, perhaps it has a way to turn it off (and maybe if set to off, it would pass the CC to the TVs control?), if not, that could be a real issue for those who need CC.

There is a sub menu under the display menu to turn it on and off. It even allows you to choose font style and size. If you trun it on it works regardless of what is set on the TV.

The problem is it bounces at the bottom and sometime flashes faster then you can read it. I personally don't use it but when my Dad comes to visit it is a must have.

I have used the closed caption on both an HR20 and HR10-250 and from what I've seen, it depends on the show as to how the captioning is displayed. Sometimes it will stay at the bottom and scroll, sometimes it will bounce around as discussed, etc. The same thing happens on both receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)