COD MW2

The final straw came when I decided to try some regular deathmatch, and I was thrown into a match where I was by FAR the lowest rank there, and I found myself getting killed so easily and quickly you'd think I was the size of a blimp.

That was you.....sorry about that.....I'll take it easy on you next time........:D

We need to play if you have it for the 360.

Yeah, we have it for the 360. Finished the SP mode the other day....kinda disappointing compared to other COD's I've played.

If you see me on, hit me up (it is usually my son on the box), he'll come get me and we can play.

Yeah, we have it for the 360. Finished the SP mode the other day....kinda disappointing compared to other COD's I've played.

If you see me on, hit me up (it is usually my son on the box), he'll come get me and we can play.
That's a fun message to send, "Can your daddy come out and play with us?"

I got the game for the pc last night. Which by the way is looking beautiful. My best friend is boycotting game, because the server issue. I decided to get it because:

1) I played every cod game that was released on pc and I hate to break the trend. My friend only played the cod4 and cod5 and to me that's not real loyality to the series.

2) Just like [yourbeliefs] says. The multiplayer on most games is awful if you don't have the level skill, that some people who play everyday all day. So thank god there is single player.

If this game was multiplayer only. I wouldn't purchase.

2) Just like [yourbeliefs] says. The multiplayer on most games is awful if you don't have the level skill, that some people who play everyday all day. So thank god there is single player.

If this game was multiplayer only. I wouldn't purchase.
That's the thing for me. I REALLY enjoyed MW1's SP campaign, as I have for basically all the CoD's (especially WaW) and to see what they came up with this time was very disappointing. And I don't deny the fact that the MP component COULD be fun and addicting to many people, but a lack of bot support REALLY hurts this game in my opinion because there's no way to build up your skills offline, or even learn the maps (unless you feel like doing split screen with no one and running around a map like a dork.) It also doesn't help that the community is EXTREMELY noob unfriendly.

That's the thing for me. I REALLY enjoyed MW1's SP campaign, as I have for basically all the CoD's (especially WaW) and to see what they came up with this time was very disappointing. And I don't deny the fact that the MP component COULD be fun and addicting to many people, but a lack of bot support REALLY hurts this game in my opinion because there's no way to build up your skills offline, or even learn the maps (unless you feel like doing split screen with no one and running around a map like a dork.) It also doesn't help that the community is EXTREMELY noob unfriendly.

Join a gaming group. I belong to one that has all mature gamers. The only way to get into the group is to be referred by a member. This is a great way to play with all different levels of players.

My buddy always invite me to play with his clan on the pc. They kick my ass so bad knowing where the ammo and the better weapons is. I'm not a sorry loser, but about the time I get into the game the match is over. I also suffer from short patience.

You must have your friends list full or set to friends only so you will have to send me an invite.

Join a gaming group. I belong to one that has all mature gamers. The only way to get into the group is to be referred by a member. This is a great way to play with all different levels of players.

I agree, there are a couple out there. Geezergamers and Barroomgamers.com for 2 that I know of.

Overall I think this game is a blast. I agree that the cliff you have to jump off of right at the start of online play is a bit troubling, but if you stick with it a few hours, you get the upgrades you need to play with the "big boys." They really aren't better players, they just don't have lives or jobs and can stay online all day and have the best toys! Nothing is funnier than hearing one of these high-levelers scream and yell their heads off when you take them out! A little trick early on is to make sure you have a rocket launcher and can take out helicopters and Harriers. You get a ton of points and level up quickly. In general, online play is lacking, but given the amount of info this game has to process, the online play is better than expected.

While playing thru this game. I stop and think if this was real. I'll life as we know it will be over. Just like 9/11 caught us off guard. This game could be a reality. We are at war now and we are living our life like the war has blown over.

Finally had time to finish the single player last night. It was OK. Not great. No where close to as much fun as Uncharted 2 or any of the other COD games (in my opinion). Been playing online for the past couple hours and it is great. I disagree 100% with the comments about not liking the "system" or the cliff you have to jump off. Have I died a lot, yep, but it is still a blast.

Just started live myself, not that hard to level up. Using the AT4-HS helped gain points by blasting enemy aircraft..Of course I am not worried about my k/d ratio:D

While playing thru this game. I stop and think if this was real. I'll life as we know it will be over. Just like 9/11 caught us off guard. This game could be a reality. We are at war now and we are living our life like the war has blown over.

I think we would be in bigger trouble if Left 4 dead was real;)

Speaking of Left 4 Dead. I wonder if valve is going to release another half life game or portal?
I think my kid will be in grade school before a new version of either of those games comes out.

Speaking of L4D and L4D2, am I and Joystiq.com the only people who found L4D2 to be fun-deprecatingly difficult? I was playing the amusement park campaign on Easy yesterday and playing through started to feel more like a chore as opposed to a game. I won't get too much into it here as I don't want to get too off-topic.

Finally had time to finish the single player last night. It was OK. Not great.

And I agree, but what keep game alive is the online play, and they spent a ton of hours on it. For example people keep aking comparisons between how good was COD4 vs World at War in terms of online playing, but the WaW Campaing was great, in fact more challenging than COD4.

So now we have a "good" campaing and a great online mode, damn COD4 was one of the most played games online until MW2 was released. They expect no less from this new tittle.

The 90% of my friends are playing this game all the time, last week I had close to 50 friends online at one time and all of them were playing MW2.

In my case I love they new variety of weapons, the fact that you den't need to be at the latest levels to get a 50 caliber sniper. Or not having the M16 right from the start. The presicion of the ACR vs its power.

What I hate, the party playing. Even with great connections all of us we have to wait a long time to get into matches, and most of the time when all six of us get into a room, one of us gets booted when the game is about to start...pretty frustrating. All of us have th NAT Open so I can't get it....:(

The only thing I don't like about the MP so far is everyone using the guns with the heart rate sensors. Makes it too easy for campers (which pisses me off)!