Comcast Sues DirecTV Over 'Deceptive' Claims of 'Free' Televised NFL Games & Response from DIRECTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I concur. Waste of time. I think we could argue all night on faults that pretty much every company has. DirecTV just has a bigger target on it's back because CSN Philly isn't a nationwide service like Sunday Ticket. Ideally, I'd love to see a collective of cable companies and maybe even Dish pony up enough money to sign a deal for all of them and keep ONLY DirecTV out when it comes time to talk contracts again. It's not illegal right? I just truly wish somebody besides a DirecTV employee or customer would present a better argument than it's not illegal so there's nothing wrong with it. There's a lot wrong with it...just not in any way illegal.

Not really getting involved here, but the loophole that kept CSN Philly off Satellite has closed. I thought that it was still open, but Iceberg explained it to me. CSN Philly isn't on Satellite, because Comcast over priced it and Satellite doesn't want to pay for it.

Well theres was a waste of a half an hour I could have been doing something better ......

Does any of the last few pages have ANYTHING to do with the title of the thread ?

ComcastOgre said:
Slightly similar, but at least Madden can be bought for a PS3 and 360. Even PS2 still if I'm not mistaken. Sunday Ticket, you have DirecTV or you don't have Sunday Ticket. That's why Justin.TV will be put to good use once I get my high speed internet going. I would feel guilty getting my games that way if the NFL gave me a choice in the matter.:)

Actually, if you have a PS3 you can get Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV

I thought that you had to prove that you aren't able to get a signal from DirecTV to get the streaming version? Am I wrong?

Not from anything I have seen.
Quick google search does not mention it, but I admittedly did not read all of the links. ;)

Not really getting involved here, but the loophole that kept CSN Philly off Satellite has closed. I thought that it was still open, but Iceberg explained it to me. CSN Philly isn't on Satellite, because Comcast over priced it and Satellite doesn't want to pay for it.

The loophole has been closed but Comcast priced it way out of line to ENSURE satellite wouldn't pay for it.

I think that's very wrong of Comcast cuz if I'm arguing for Sunday Ticket to be available, Philly fans should have better access to CSN Philly and even CSN Southwest. I bet Comcast would probably give Dish and other cable operators a much better rate if they weren't probably just jacking up the rate as a way to say FU to DirecTV cuz I thought the rate couldn't be a certain percentage more or less than a competitor's. But then again, I wonder what the rate is for Comcast systems to carry it? I could see Comcast pulling a stunt like that.

Last edited:
It was something crazy like $6 per sub/mo. I think ESPN is still the highest priced mainstream sports channel, and that was around $5 per sub/mo ($10 for the whole mulitplex pack of 5 channels). RSNs are normally priced around a dollar, with the NY channels running about $2.50.

Last edited:
Wow. CSN Philly may carry some great local sports programming, but that is pathetic at $6 a month. I guess if somebody can argue they offer more than ESPN itself, then maybe it's at least worth $5. Not sure it's possible though.

It's not ESPN, it's an RSN for the #8 sports market. If the NY (#1 market) channels are $2.50, CSN is worth maybe a buck fitty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)