Come on guys... really? (Dish installer left stuff on my roof)

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So I had Dish come out to my place a couple weeks ago. I was in the back yard cleaning up the other day just doing some yardwork and burning some random stuff in the pit.

Happen to look up on the roof, and I've got an LNB and some other randon bits just sitting up on my roof. Long story short, I had some random signal issues so they changed me from EA to WA (or vice-versa) and also changed out the LNB. Guess I never noticed what he left with, but apparently it wasn't much.

Should I just climb up there and throw it all away? Worth anything to sell? Call them and tell them to climb up there and remove their garbage/equipment/whatever?

So I had Dish come out to my place a couple weeks ago. I was in the back yard cleaning up the other day just doing some yardwork and burning some random stuff in the pit.

Happen to look up on the roof, and I've got an LNB and some other randon bits just sitting up on my roof. Long story short, I had some random signal issues so they changed me from EA to WA (or vice-versa) and also changed out the LNB. Guess I never noticed what he left with, but apparently it wasn't much.

Should I just climb up there and throw it all away? Worth anything to sell? Call them and tell them to climb up there and remove their garbage/equipment/whatever?

They shouldn't have left that up there, my apologies for any inconvenience. If you are not able to get it down yourself (SAFELY!), please feel free to PM your phone number or account number and I'll get someone out there to get it off your roof.

I can get it no problems. I just know when you cancel your service they generally want the boxes and LNB's back don't they? With that thought, I figured they might want the LNB back or something. I can surely take it down and just toss it if there isn't an issue with that. (I'm not worried about them charging me or anything, just didn't know if they wanted it or not)

You wouldn't be charged for it. We only ask that the customer send the LNB/receivers back when an account is disconnected/canceled. I don't know if the LNB is any good, but not returning it to us won't effect you.

If/when you cancel, you'll give them the LNB that's attached to the dish currently. The tech may be req'd to turn in equipment that he/she swapped out and may get 'dinged' for this missing stuff. At this point, there's no way for him/her to remember leaving it on your roof and coming back after it.

Throw it away, by the way. The small amount you might get off of eBay, for instance, isn't worth the hassle of selling it.

peano said:
much better to fill up the landfills :rolleyes:

True. Go toss it in your burn pit, a local lake, ocean, stream, river or someplace other than where garbage goes. About the only thing worth recycling is the plastic housing in which case you have to break to get it off. Typically when you break them apart they fly into a bunch of tiny pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I remember training a new guy once long ago. He would take his stripped cable pieces & throw them on the ground. I point blank told him, "I don't care what you do when you're on your own, but on my jobs the trash goes in the trash". With that said if this tech needed what he left behind he would have been back by now. I say toss it..............in the trash.

I remember training a new guy once long ago. He would take his stripped cable pieces & throw them on the ground. I point blank told him, "I don't care what you do when you're on your own, but on my jobs the trash goes in the trash". With that said if this tech needed what he left behind he would have been back by now. I say toss it..............in the trash.
It's interesting that the shipyards I worked in years ago that were the best producers were the ones that had work ethics that included leaving the shop and the shipboard work areas immaculate at the end of the shift.

You wouldn't be charged for it. We only ask that the customer send the LNB/receivers back when an account is disconnected/canceled. I don't know if the LNB is any good, but not returning it to us won't effect you.
I know I'm late to the party, but if it's true that a customer won't be charged for an unreturned LNB, then I think whoever is in charge of the website should remove the part where it says $50 for an unreturned LNB on the fees page. http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/fees (under disconnect related)

I know I'm late to the party, but if it's true that a customer won't be charged for an unreturned LNB, then I think whoever is in charge of the website should remove the part where it says $50 for an unreturned LNB on the fees page. http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/fees (under disconnect related)

In this case, the LNB does not need to be returned. Forgive me if my last post was vague on details, but when an account is disconnected/canceled, the LNB does need to be returned

I know I'm late to the party, but if it's true that a customer won't be charged for an unreturned LNB, then I think whoever is in charge of the website should remove the part where it says $50 for an unreturned LNB on the fees page. Fees (under disconnect related)
Late to the party? You need to read this thread before you delete your post. :)

peano: Please send glowrdr a postage-paid box so he can send it to you for "proper" disposal. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Two minutes on ebay or kijiji and it has a new home and saves someone getting a new one. And the OP may make a couple of bucks.

Or, throw a perfectly good lnb in the dump and let it sit there to rot for 300 years releasing toxins into the water table. Hmmmmmm.

Get off your environmental high-horse. How 'bout he throw it in his recycling bin ? Make you happy ?

How much stuff have you sold on eBay ? Two minutes ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts