Comments from a lurker

vurbano said:
Keep up the 12mbps average bandwidth and ill take your money on that bet.

1. Cuban will NEVER let his product be butchered like that at 12mbps.

2. Voom will not have enough subs to get HDnet anyway is it stays at the current PQ.

more speculation.... :D I love it..

Sean Mota said:
and where's you information for this. More speculation... I could tell you that my E* bill will increase next year also based on the same speculation.
Look at your paper bill. It says 109 dollar value. Voom is locking current customers into 79.90 for a year. SImple subtraction leaves you 30 bucks. I dont see wild speculation here. Common sense maybe.

vurbano said:
Look at your paper bill. It says 109 dollar value. Voom is locking current customers into 79.90 for a year. SImple subtraction leaves you 30 bucks. I dont see wild speculation here. Common sense maybe.

Mine doesn't are you sure you are being billed properly? :D

Sean Mota said:
You and Vurbano needs to have you head examine as well. Why the heck do you categorize me as a VOOM defender (or Voom bias or whatever)? I pay the same money as you do. Because I try to say that you guys are being so unfair in your evaluations and try to put VOOM on the floor? That's not the situation with VOOM. There are issues but as bad as you guys want to put it. You give me another provider (today) that will supply better content and I will go as well. I have no loyalty to E* or D* or V* or Cable. I have loyalty to my $$$$. Nobody today provides more HD. So until E* or D* comes out and do it, this conversation is a waste.

Well, I don't think Vurb and I've close enough to each other to get our collective heads examined by the same Doctor.

You do have blinders on (at least from your posts) to the problems with Voom, but at least I didn't accuse you of doing awful things into the wind like others have.

Hey Sean, I have an idea- maybe all of us could see if DirecTV will give a group rate to pissed off Voom users.

Ok Vurbano, here is my bill.... Where's the extra $30

06/25 - 07/24/04 VOOM IRD Rental $9.50
06/25 - 07/24/04 1 additional VOOM IRD Rental @ $9.50
06/25 - 07/24/04 1 additional MULTIRD @ $5.00
06/25 - 07/24/04 PLAYBOY $14.90
06/25 - 07/24/04 Va Va VOOM $79.90

Fees And Taxes
06/26/04 FRANCH FEE EQUIP/SMT/REM $8.61
Total New Charges (including taxes) $127.41

Seawaves said:
You do have blinders on (at least from your posts) to the problems with Voom, but at least I didn't accuse you of doing awful things into the wind like others have.

By all means, get me links to where I have denied the issues with VOOM. I'll be waiting.

vurbano said:

If and when my Voom bill goes to 109 a month and nothing has changed with the software/hardware issues, then I will ramp my subscription to Dish back up again and throw Voom out the window. I was a loyal "Subscribe to everything you have" supporter of Dish from 1995 until a couple of months ago and will go back if Voom does not iron out the problems. I already own all of my Dish equipment for HD and it is still working with my HD pack. I just ramped my subscription down to the HD pack until I finish evacuating Voom.

Ok I looked at the bill and it says:

June 25-July 24 79.90 VaVaVOOM Service (a $109.50) value. I guess this is what you are referring to. If it is, man this is more speculation than Swann. Just because they are telling you that you are getting a package that has a probable market value of $109.50, you jumped to the conclusion that the value is going by $30 next year. That's wild...

look at your paper bill. beside the charge for va va voom for 79.90 in parentheses it says:
(a 109.50 value). Most reasonable people knowing that they are locked in to prices for a year would take that to mean what? comeon now its not hard.

That's kind of like looking at a store's prices and deciding that all merchandise will be selling for the MSRP next week instead of the actual retail value. Those manufacuter's "market values" are always inflated to give you the impression you are getting some kind of special deal or value. How often does anyone pay full MSRP for anything?? My dvd player sells for 149.00. MSRP is somewhere in the neighborhood of 250.00.

That said, if voom does decide to raise their standard package by 30.00, I'll be gone in a flash.

I will say in your defense though that this is exactly what dtv did with their HD stuff. HDnet was free but on the bill it was listed at a 10.95/mo value. Then suddenly it wasn't free anymore.

So, it could happen but 30.00 is a lot of money and at the moment it's an awful lot of speculation.

Sean Mota said:
more speculation.... :D I love it..
When does vooms sub numbers come out again? We shall see. I havent heard any reports lately. I wouldnt call Cuban's demands of PQ speculation. You know as well as I do that the services that carry Hdnet run at it high bitrates. You think they do that just because they feel like it?

Voom HD not really HD..........of the 30+ they claim to have, only about 5 or so are TRUE HD. The rest, upscaled ED. Old BW 1969 movies that look like crap. So, IMO, all providers are about par for HD content. I'm sure all you hardcore Voomers will say something but oh well. Look a TRUE HD picture then look at say........Epic, Divine, you pick it...........total Crap!

lostcause said:
That's kind of like looking at a store's prices and deciding that all merchandise will be selling for the MSRP next week instead of the actual retail value. Those manufacuter's "market values" are always inflated to give you the impression you are getting some kind of special deal or value. How often does anyone pay full MSRP for anything?? My dvd player sells for 149.00. MSRP is somewhere in the neighborhood of 250.00.

That said, if voom does decide to raise their standard package by 30.00, I'll be gone in a flash.

I will say in your defense though that this is exactly what dtv did with their HD stuff. HDnet was free but on the bill it was listed at a 10.95/mo value. Then suddenly it wasn't free anymore.

So, it could happen but 30.00 is a lot of money and at the moment it's an awful lot of speculation.
if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck its probably a duck. But I guess thats really speculation.

WHY on earth do you think they are locking you into prices for a year?

vurbano said:
When does vooms sub numbers come out again? We shall see. I havent heard any reports lately. I wouldnt call Cuban's demands of PQ speculation. You know as well as I do that the services that carry Hdnet run at it high bitrates. You think they do that just because they feel like it?

You don't give up...Man...Tell me something I don't know. :D

to the "lurker": with your whopping 6 months of satellite experience behind you , we are all anxious to hear your evaluations.NOT!!! None of these other companies hasd long term box problems?? where were you when the DISHPLAYER was demanding 4 and 5 reboots a day??where were you when the entire Directv customer base on the east coast had no HD for weeks on end?? where were you when the 6000, the 501 and the 721 were causing more misery than happiness?? B`elieve me, every company has growing pains. You are comparing the 1 yr old VOOM to the 10 and 8 yr old Directv and Dish Network. Why dont you see where VOOM is in 9 and 1/2 more years and then you can comment on where they stand in the big pic.

Sean Mota said:
Ok I looked at the bill and it says:

June 25-July 24 79.90 VaVaVOOM Service (a $109.50) value. I guess this is what you are referring to. If it is, man this is more speculation than Swann. Just because they are telling you that you are getting a package that has a probable market value of $109.50, you jumped to the conclusion that the value is going by $30 next year. That's wild...
I suppose the software update is speculation as well since it hasnt happened yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)