Strong Possibility that Update SW GE 6.0 will be released this Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
There's a strong possibility that the update that has the Installation Wizard may be released this week. Everybody will have the OTA Scanning. It is all I have been told so far. So hopefully everything will go well for the update.

Disclaimer:
If it does not show up this week, don't blame me for it. I am just relying what I know without any certainty that it will indeed happen.

Great News Sean,

The OTA scanning is really needed this week with many ABC's adding a subcarrier for the new 24 hour ABC News Now station. :D

I hope it gets too me before the DNC is over I would like to able to watch both ABC news now (new news channel) coverage with Vooms ch 999 coverage.

KSAT (San Antonio)
• KSAT viewers with a digital tuner can get ABC News Now over the air on channel 48-2.

FunkyBoss said:
Sean, please tell me you didn't hear this from a CSR! ;)

I wouldn't have posted it :) BTW, GE = Greater or Equal. Right now, it could be 6.0 or a greater version. Let's keep our fingers cross.

They can keep ABC NEWS and add it on a new station, they are robbing my HD bandwidth away!!

Oh well this is still great news ...

So how will we be able to tell when we are "targeted"? Will the 'Target Version:' change in the system menu? How long before the actual upgrade does that show up? The day before and then you will be updated that night?

I would think the true indication that the SW is really being pushed is when people start seeing this.

FunkyBoss said:
Sean, please tell me you didn't hear this from a CSR! ;)

lets give VOOM'S CSR'S a break, at least 80% othe techs i have dealt with, have been helpful. its alot better than the Directv CSR"S outsourced to 3rd world nations, ever had a dirctv problem and chat with one of these folks, ILL let my 6 yr old troubleshoot my directv tivo before i ask for there help again...

Thanks VOOM for having such pollite and helpful CSR's (even after there yell at..lol)

MR.C

FunkyBoss said:
So how will we be able to tell when we are "targeted"? Will the 'Target Version:' change in the system menu? How long before the actual upgrade does that show up? The day before and then you will be updated that night?

I would think the true indication that the SW is really being pushed is when people start seeing this.

Normally they are done at night time so that it does not interrupt anyone's viewing. They are not forced either so it will be best to leave your STB in stand by mode (turn off - leave electrical power plugged) if you go to sleep. The software upgrade detects this and it will download itself.

The last time being targeted was a prerequisite to having the download. After a box was targeted it only took about an hour before the download started as long as the box was in stand by mode. The system menu would indicated whether you were targeted or not.

Remember that these updates are done in bunches and not released to everyone at the same time.

I got my voom installed last week. I have the OTA scanning and the installation wizard and I have V6.0. I guess it was such a new install they put it on.

There maybe a greater release than 6.0 so you will also get this. 6.0 works fine but there is an issue with 6.0 -- it does not allow you to save OTA channel numbers from different DMAs. This is resolved in a later version than 6.0.

I hope they release it tomorrow, I'm going out of town for 3 days so I don't care if my box gets hosed.

UpDated software.!!

Well, here you go again, getting my hopes up that I will finally be able
to scan and pick up my HD PBS station that I have not been able to get
since switching to Voom. Please let it be soon and no, I am not whining.
Watching and loving the HD in Klamath Falls, Or...
Terry

When I turned my TV on tonight I see that my Voom box says:

Current Software Version: V00.05.68

Target Software Version: V00.01.10

Is this version 6.00????

When I went to look just now the red light is on, I turned it off around 8 thats when I saw I was TSV 1.10, I just left it alone , I don't know if it is D/L it or not I though it was around 2 or 3 in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)