Completely new to FTA, need system for single satellite for single purpose

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I got the box to quit scrolling. I have been trying for two weeks to get a satellite found but I cannot. If I only have 40% signal intensity, would that be the problem?? When I don't have the LNB plugged in I get 28% intensity and when I plug it in its around 40% intensity. How can I improve that? Is it just that I need a better coax cable? Thanks

the signal intensity will go up as you get locked on the satellite.

as long as you have rg6 cable you should be OK.

Have you tried an auto scan? That will scan and find whatever channels are there no matter where you are aimed

I have tried every scan they have on there. I just can't seem to get anything. I don't know what to do anymore, I suppose just keep trying and eventually (I hope) something will happen. Too bad for the Sioux tonite, what an ugly game for them.

well lets start with some questions then
-what brand of dish is it? Is there any name on it?
-mast is perfectly plumb (level all around)?
-elevation on the dish is at 38? Depending on the dish, some have a red edge to line up and some do not. The ones that do not need the centre screw lined up with 38 degrees. See the below pictures. 1st pic has a red edge so its lined up for 29 degrees. The 2nd has no edge so the centre of the bolt is at approx 34 degrees.
-LNB parameters are set up properly as noted in post 112?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1134714-post112.html

If the dish is aimed south, try the elevation adjustment a little bit. Go up or down maybe 1/2 a degree and redo the auto scan

Attachments

• IM000786.JPG
    IM000786.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IM000795.JPG
    IM000795.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 121
I Just Picked Up Some Channels. Finally. I Am Excited Now, I Know It Works. I'm Going To Check The List To See What Satellite I've Got.

I Just Picked Up Some Channels. Finally. I Am Excited Now, I Know It Works. I'm Going To Check The List To See What Satellite I've Got.
Congratulations! Looks like it was so good, you started watching tv and forgot all about us? And that is quite alright, we do the same thing....
But, we're still curious, what did you find, where are you?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts