computer help

You do have to get Office separately. It does not come with Windows or with the PC (unless you ordered Office with it).
Office comes pre-installed on most HP computers (indeed, most Windows 7 prefab computers). It runs in demo mode for 60 days and then you have to buy it to use it longer.

Unless we're talking about your work computer (and work requires it), I highly recommend using anything but Office. There are a couple of equivalent programs that are much lighter weight and typically don't cause you to download security patches on the second Tuesday of every month.

ok i find the Ctrl + trick is their a way to make it stay? like in Windows XP i could change my screen resolution and everything fit on the screen bigger

lacubs said:
do leave windows updated on? or do they still install stuff that can mess up the computer ?

I have been running Windows Update for a LONG time and it has never cuased any issues, in fact most of the updates benefit the computer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

You've got to keep Windows, Adobe Reader, Flash, Java and of course your antivirus software up-to-date. Otherwise you are running a great risk of getting infected.

As for Windows update, if you are concerned about getting something that you don't need, you can configure it to get critical updates only.

You've got to keep Windows, Adobe Reader, Flash, Java and of course your antivirus software up-to-date. Otherwise you are running a great risk of getting infected.

As for Windows update, if you are concerned about getting something that you don't need, you can configure it to get critical updates only.

Reason #245 why I do not miss running a windows machine. :D

(No seriously, this is all true on Windows, and can be quite frustrating to the ordinary user -- things like keeping Acrobat and Flash updated just don't strike the average user as something they should have to worry about, although most of the time Adobe products inform you that there is an update, and that helps).

Reason #245 why I do not miss running a windows machine. :D

(No seriously, this is all true on Windows, and can be quite frustrating to the ordinary user -- things like keeping Acrobat and Flash updated just don't strike the average user as something they should have to worry about, although most of the time Adobe products inform you that there is an update, and that helps).
You have to keep it updated on MAC as well. These are third party software that they update themselves. It is not that big of a deal. You can set it so it automatically updates.

Currently Windows 7 and Vista, and MAC OS 10.6 and newer are all running Flash 11.1.102.55

Personally, I turn off all automatic updates and I even turn off notifications. I like to do the updates myself when they are available.

tonight i bought Office, should i uninstall the Trial Version first that came with the computer then install or just install? thanks

2 more questions - in more programs their 3 things , Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010, Microsoft Office Start 2010 - English. is ok to uninstall all 3 things? and just reading the box it a family pack 3 pc, can i install this on mine aunt computer? thanks

Once you open a few Word documents you will start seeing the Word Icon in the start menu of Windows 7, as well as the list of the most recent documents. It's much more convenient than a desktop icon, IMO. Not only you can quickly open Word with a blank document, but you can select any of the recent documents right there with just one click. This is one of my favorite features in Windows 7!

i figured it out, i needed to repaired it for some reason to get the Word icon to show up correctly

Only trial versions of Microsoft Office install a desktop icon by default - to remind you that you have Office. ;)

sorry for this here, - i am new to Blu-ray burning and got few questions, does the PS3 play .mvk blu-ray discs? if not what file can i download for 1080p to play the PS3? or do i need do download other format of Blu-ray in 1080p to get it on the PS3? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts