Confused about pricing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpezz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have had dish America's 200 for 3+ years with a 322 and a 522. For Christmas I got an HD TV and called Dish to find out the cost to upgrade because the ad I got from them was totally confusing.

They told me

DVR upgrade (to a 622) was $99. Installation was included but "free".

Monthly DVR fee is $6 (but that's a wash since I pay the same for the 522)

Service upgrade was $5.98 per month.

However, based upon what I read on the web site and here, it seems HD service should be more. Before I sign up, I want to make sure I don't get screwed as it seems problems take a long time getting resolved.

Their web site also has lists for each class of service but for HD, all I can see is a picture of them (too small to see individual channels). Is there someplace that lists these HD channels?

Oh!, will the dish have to be replaced?

Thanks,

John
PS: I haven't posted on this site for probably a year or more.

It appears the $20.00 HD fee not mentioned. I cannot address the change of dish issue but others surely can, especially if you mention what dish you currently have and where you are located.

It appears the $20.00 HD fee not mentioned. I cannot address the change of dish issue but others surely can, especially if you mention what dish you currently have and where you are located.

I am not sure but I think it is a Dish 500. The only reason I believe that is that there were discussions about Dish 1000 long after I got mine. I have a DP34 per System Info.

The $20 HD fee. Is that per month? If so, then what is the $6 fee they quoted me for the HD service?

Edit, you beat me to the reply:

On the System Info Screen, which satellites do you receive? You need 110 and 119 as well as 129 or 61.5 depending on your location. Dish 1000(.2) will get 110, 119, and 129. On the east coast you use A Dish 500 for 110 and 119 as well as a Dish 300 or Dish 500 for 61.5

The $6 fee is for the DVR, the $20 is for the HD. There's also a $6 "HD Enabling fee" which enables the use of the OTA tuner without actually getting any HD channels from Dish.

There's no charge for any new dishes you require.

We just did the same thing and with a new 18-month contract we get the 622 for $99, the dish'n-it-up rebate covers that. And free HD programming for 6-months, $20/month after that. Free install and new dish. We also have locals for 5$/month more and they include the HD locals if you get the HD programming.

I get 119 and 110.

I know about the DVR fee as I pay that now for my 522 (see original posting).

They never said anything about the $20/month fee but they did mention the $6/month fee for the HD which would be $1/month for the first six months. Sounds like a little double dealing here.

If your dish needs replacing that is also a part of the dish n it up promotion and will not be any additional cost to you. You can either pay $20 per month(after the 6 free months) for the hd programming package or you pay the $6 hd enable fee not both just one or the other. The dvr fee will not change unless you replace your 322 with the 622 then you will have an additional dvr fee for the 622 on top of the $5.98 you are currently paying for the 522 but sign up for the dvr advantage and one of the fees will be reduced according to which programming package that you choose.;)

Thanks to everyone. I chatted with Dish and found out that the original person quoted me the monthly fee for use without getting HD instead of the $20/month with HD. HD is not worth $20/month to me as I can't get locals and the main channel we like is TCM which doesn't have HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)