Contest: Enter to Win a Mini BUD from Satellite AV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
wow, all I have to do is reply to be entered. Like taking candy from a baby. Not that I do that, because taking candy from a baby would be mean.

Now to the point. How can you not love camping. That is one of my favorite family past times. Off in the woods, freezing my butt off, constantly asking "Dad, is it time to go home yet?", only to be dissapointed and needing to stay another couple days.

my favorite summertime activity is the 4th of July neighborhood block party that we have each year.

My favorite summertime activity is getting out of the hot and muggy air of Tennessee and going to Huntington Beach to chill out and of COURSE, a trip to Disneyland.:D

How do I enter the contest? Reply to this thread and describe your favorite summer time activity while growing up. Examples: family picnics, family vacation, swimming hole, watermelon fight, pool party, neighborhood block party, etc.....

No, this isn't an entry..... I'll carry one home hanging out of the convertible if I need one.... LOL!!!

As a kid in the 60's and 70's, we lived on a plateau above two very diverse rivers near Auburn, Washington. The White River was a raging river which ripped through the valley with coffee colored water from the silt washing down from Mt. Rainer. On the other side was the Green River Valley with clean dark green tinted water flowing slowly through a valley of farm fields and multiple parks. I would spend most days exploring the hillsides with my dog, building forts from trees that I chopped down with a small hatchet, digging out caves in the clay cliffs (one went back 50 feet with multiple rooms). During the early teen years, my uncle owned a PVC boat manufacturing plant (later sold to Coleman) so my friends and I had "factory 2nds" canoes. We would often race or lazily drift a 10 - 15 mile stretch of the Green River, fishing, water fights, swamping each other.

My often not so well hidden geek side....... I was also into TV DXing with a 300' rhombic antennas aimed at Portland Oregon (130 miles) and Vancouver, BC (160 miles). Mesmerized by long wave, shortwave, CB radio then HF / SSB amateur radio. Hobbies included DX'ing opportunities and building yagi and long wire antennas with so many trips to the roof that I wore a path in the asphalt shingles! I remember my mom threatening to pull a fuse on the electric to my room in the attic when she would be awakened by my late night CQ's. Who could resist when 10 meters would open into the South Pacific..... or the 300 mile short skips into Eastern Washington or Idaho.....

I loved summertime with the 10pm sunsets! :D

ohio trip

every summer for about 10 days myself my mom and sister would travel from florida to south east ohio " jackson ",we would always go by greyhound bus,always had a nice time in ohio,this brings back a lot of memories.

My favorite summer activity growing up was roadtrips with the family. Evey year, we'd always go to a new spot up the west coarst. Whether a national park (yosemite), coastal area or new big city, it was always the best time with my family. Best trip was a road trip from SF bay area all they way up to Vancouver, BC. Got to dune buggy in Oregon, baseball game in Seattle (in the old kingdome when griffey and A-rod played), and mountain biking in whistler. Love the NW :)

No doubt about it - fishing. Would take off with a few buds on our bikes leaving early in the morning and not be home till right at dark. Fished close to the airport, and would spend hours watching the planes - which might have something to do with my flying career.

Alas, can't fly anymore - but still fish (but not using my bike anymore). :)

For me, Going to the races are a summer activity, Nothing beats the Dirt Track, or even seeing some nascar. Also, going to NFL's trainning camp is quickly becoming a summer past time! Along with the beer tent at the county fair!

Any summertime outdoor activity is a great activity, when it involves the people you care about the most. My favorite activity is spending time with family and friends. Fishing........ swimming.....hunting....boating...camping...ball games... etc. is all a bonus...............

We used to go camping and fishing on the Russian River in NorCal and once in a while go to Sequoia to go camping. Loved being in the woods with those big redwoods and giant sequoia.

This would be the perfect size setup for ease of FTA scanning.

Call me stupid but I miss working in the hay fields with my dad. We did custom hay bailing and worked 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week unless it was raining. Mom would bring lunch and we would lay under a shade tree and eat.

I used to spend a lot of time fishing on the river behind my house along with a few of the other kids in the neighborhood. We used to fish day and night, the most fun was fishing at night with a small campfire.

My favorite summer activity was going to our camp which was on the side of a "mountain". It had/has beautiful views of the white mountains. At the start of the dirt road leading to our camp was a waterfall we would always stop and get a drink of water from. Then we kids would have a chance to ride the rest of the way in the back of my dad's pickup truck. One of my favorite parts was stopping for ice cream on the way home.

my favorite summertime activity was playing baseball in the backyard with my dad and 2 younger brothers. Great times :) My mom was a teacher and I borrowed bases from the PE teacher and setup a "mini" ballfield in the backyard.

My dad has always liked to take roadtrips. While growing up we drove through 45 states.

Two trips out west, one to Arizona and the other to California, we road in a VW diesel Rabbit. Mom, Dad, Me and my two sisters. Now that was a close family.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)