Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This is one of those little quirks that can make the CS8000 frustrating to work with.

Added a 4x1 switch to the system and added 2 lines. Before hand I had one cable coming in to the reciever that was hooked to a 4x4 multiswitch.
22k off was G4/G16
22k on was G10

So I added a line for Hispasat and one from the motorized (the motorized line is a slave). Hooked it up and only port 1 works :mad:

so I try a different switch. (yes I turned off the reciever on the back with the switch) and still doesn't work. Hook the Hispasat line up directly and it works. So I hooked it back to the switch
port 1 is the 4x4 multiswitch and it works on all
port 2 is Hispasat and need t turn 22k on (the dish is set up that way)
port 3 is motorized

So I thought the LNB LO was wrong so I changed it off 10750 to 10000 and went back to 10750 and BAM...signal

Since I havent used a Diseqc with the Coolsat 8000 before this must be one of those quirks. After I install a switch, on all ports but port 1 I need to go to that satellite, switch the LNB off 10750 and then back and it works. Once the switch is installed and that is done it works fine as I switched between G4, G10, Hispasat and the motorized (it was on AMC6 at the time).

so if you have a DIseqc to a CS8000 and it doesn't work...change the LO and then change it back and that shoudl do the trick :)

I've seen something similar posted elsewhere with 8000/diseqc/motors.

Nothing posted actually explains the problem, but the common thing with the problems people posted was the motor and a diseqc combination. No fix was ever posted so I assume it's something for a future software release (hopefully)

It use to be you couldnt use a motor and a Diseqc. Your options were
Diseqc 1.0
Diseqc 1.2
USALS
None

so you couldnt use both. They have since changed that but the Diseqc 1.0 is buried in the USALS/Diseqc 1.2 menu

Frustrating is very much what I'm finding also with the same combo....diseqc, motor and cs8000. It will never work when going to/from sats. that use different lnbs ie. circular or linear. Rarely it moves to the selected sat. and when it does you have to manually change diseqc to the proper lnb type. It does work however when moving between sats with same lnbs. I hope there would be a fix .

When I had my CS8000 hooked to the motor (when I did the review) it worked fine with a 22k switch instead of a diseqc

The Coolsat 8000 can be very user unfriendly in its response
when using systems with DiSEqC switches. Make sure that
you have the system powered off (preferably coax disconnected
from receiver) when rearranging wires on the switch, and then
power up to reset the logic between the receiver and the DiSEqC
switch. Sometimes it will simply not work at all until power is
shut off and turned on to allow a re-boot of the logic to the switch.

Good luck,

Mike

Mike I did that and it wont work with a Diseqc unless I change the LNB LO and then back to 10750. I even set up the Diseqc right, saved it, then powered off with switch on back to see maybe if it acknowledged it then but nope :(

When I had my CS8000 hooked to the motor (when I did the review) it worked fine with a 22k switch instead of a diseqc
Yeah, it seems the 22k switches are just fine, but a oddly the diseqc and motor combo seems to be the one many people have problems with.

The only workaround I have seen is switching between two channels on two sats hooked to the diseqc ports until you get it to switch. Kind of a pain but many report it works. Your workaround Iceberg is a new one to me, which also seems like a pain, but it works. Definately looks like a software issue.

satinkzo
On a fixed setup once you set up the Diseqc ports and change the LNB LO (and change it back) it works fine. Flipped through 3 satellites last night for about 3 hours

Updating my 8000

I'm updating my Coolsat 8000 after a two month hiatus.
I have only loaded the first satellite firmware update released by Coolsat in February- version. 11.13.8A I see there is a file on coolsatusa.com called cs8000hd-11169a.zip, which I assume means the latest/greatest fw is 11.16.9A. Is this the preferred fw rev or is 13.8A have everything I need.

In February, I was unable to see any satellites with my wave frontier 90, a 4x1 DisSeqc with a feed attached looking at T5. I assumed at the time it was my antenna alignment since it worked fine with my Pansat 3500. (I've since sold it, however, and can't verify...).

So I have now re-connected a borrowed Pansat 3500 and discovered my antenna is aligned just fine. I can watch T5 in great form with the 3500. But connect it all to the 8000 and I can't see a thing.

I am using dual LNBs, connected to one port on each LNB to the 4x1 sw. It appears that I am having the same problem Iceberg cited in this thread so I went into the menu. My LNBs are set to "Standard". I set them over to 10000 and then back to Standard and was prompted (for the first time) to specify LNB frequency so I did set it to 10750. Still nothing when I do a scan.

Do I need a newer firmware?
Thanks.

satinkzo
On a fixed setup once you set up the Diseqc ports and change the LNB LO (and change it back) it works fine. Flipped through 3 satellites last night for about 3 hours

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just forgot to type it. I meant to say that that it only seems to happen when a motor is involved with a diseqc. Just a diseqc seems ok or just a motor.

Again, I don't have one, so I am going off what I have read.

I dont use standard...Never got that to work properly. 10750 works just fine

OK. That worked. I was using Standard. I changed to anything else on the list and then back to Standard and was prompted for a LO freq (10750). I had read this instruction on a nearby post. I tried this but did not work until I restarted the receiver (power down, power back up).

Now I can set the LO to either 10750 or Standard it works.

Any chance you can put up a single-message sticky (that wouldn't get buried by other non-related posts) with what HDs channels can be viewed with this receiver?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)