Could Someone ID This BUD For Me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello ... could someone ID this BUD for me? It looks like a Perfect 10 but the Perfect 10 Elevation/Declination Angles don't work for it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 289
I don't know what it is but I have never seen a Perfect 10 that was a buttonhook feed support, not sure if they ever made one.

And the Perfect 10 polar mounts I have seen (and owned) are not "centered" when looking at them from the back.

The Elevation / Declination angles are for your location. They are the same for any dish brand. Is your LNBF out of alignment? Skew?

Reactions: phlatwound
Looking at the five gallon bucket they don't appear to be reversed.

Reactions: Titanium
Hello ... could someone ID this BUD for me? It looks like a Perfect 10 but the Perfect 10 Elevation/Declination Angles don't work for it. Thanks in advance for your help!

It kind of looks like a Unimesh, but the button hook throws me. I can't remember if Unimesh offered them or not. What makes it look like a Unimesh if how the mesh panels slide into a track rather than being screwed down. The screws along the outer edge is odd. I guess it could be an early version. If so, the later versions had the outer edge welded to the ribs. If it is an earlier model, it looks like you could unscrew the outer band, slide the panels out and repair them. Can't do that with the later models.

That polar mount is almost identical to the one on my 10ft Unimesh, and, the Unimesh I have has a button hook also. And on the bottom side of that button hook mount there is a decal that's still there that says Unimesh. The button hook mount on yours is made a little different than mine where it mounts to the dish but that polar mount is almost a carbon copy of what I have here with that Unimesh decal on it.

The quality of the Umimesh I have isn't as good as the Winegard I have, but it works for what I want it to do.

That polar mount is almost identical to the one on my 10ft Unimesh, and, the Unimesh I have has a button hook also. And on the bottom side of that button hook mount there is a decal that's still there that says Unimesh. The button hook mount on yours is made a little different than mine where it mounts to the dish but that polar mount is almost a carbon copy of what I have here with that Unimesh decal on it.

The quality of the Umimesh I have isn't as good as the Winegard I have, but it works for what I want it to do.

I'm glad you like your Winegard. We sold them for a while, but they didn't seem to perform as well as the Unimesh or other dishes we used. We put two dishes, a Winegard and a Unimesh on poles side by side, used the same receiver to test them, and had better results with the Unimesh. Neither performed as well as the Perfect 10's we used. So we stuck with them mostly, even though we sold other brands.

When I set up the 5 dishes I'm using now, I would have bought 5 Perfect 10's if they were still available. I really like them. Shame they're still not around.

I'm glad you like your Winegard. We sold them for a while, but they didn't seem to perform as well as the Unimesh or other dishes we used. We put two dishes, a Winegard and a Unimesh on poles side by side, used the same receiver to test them, and had better results with the Unimesh. Neither performed as well as the Perfect 10's we used. So we stuck with them mostly, even though we sold other brands.

When I set up the 5 dishes I'm using now, I would have bought 5 Perfect 10's if they were still available. I really like them. Shame they're still not around.

Fortunately for me, I didn't have any trouble with my Winegard. I put it up, aligned it, and it's worked
perfectly ever since. It is heavy and the wind can really get a hold of it. When we get a high wind event, I park it at 55W. Most of the time the wind hits the side of the dish at that position, so the wind really doesn't have an opportunity to get a hold of it.

My Buddy Alfonso (SatMex) has a Perfect 10 that we put up at his house. Nice design, lightweight, easy to align, and pulled in some nice strong signals. My Winegard pulled in some nice strong Ku signals too. But it was a little too rickety to stay locked during winds. Thanks for your comments, and Happy Holidays!!

Fortunately for me, I didn't have any trouble with my Winegard. I put it up, aligned it, and it's worked
perfectly ever since. It is heavy and the wind can really get a hold of it. When we get a high wind event, I park it at 55W. Most of the time the wind hits the side of the dish at that position, so the wind really doesn't have an opportunity to get a hold of it.

My Buddy Alfonso (SatMex) has a Perfect 10 that we put up at his house. Nice design, lightweight, easy to align, and pulled in some nice strong signals. My Winegard pulled in some nice strong Ku signals too. But it was a little too rickety to stay locked during winds. Thanks for your comments, and Happy Holidays!!

I didn't mean to imply that the Winegard dishes we sold offered up a bad picture, but they just didn't offer up as high of a signal level as the other brands we used. Since they gave a decent picture,we never passed the information on to our customers. Once we used up the dishes we had on hand, we never ordered any more in. I'm glad yours is working out for you. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)