Create separate MRV networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
I'm guessing this has been asked before, but after searching for about a half hour and not finding it so I'm going to ask.

I have 5 DVR's (HR34, 2xHR24s, HR22, HR21) and SWM16.

Is there a way I can isolate MRV so 3 DVR's are on one "network" and the the other two are on another "network". I want my kids to be able to share their recording in 2 rooms, but I don't want to see their recordings in the other 3 rooms.

Right now I am not sharing the playlists in their rooms but I would like to if I could.

I think it would be as simple as running one "network" off one SWM output on the SWM16, and the other "Network" on the other output.
The most important addition, however, is a Band Stop Filter between the SWM16 and the splitter on each output.

I believe that would stop one side of the SWM16 from seeing the other side.

I've been tempted to do this in my home as well, but occasionally I watch TV in one of the areas that the rest of my family normally use. I've just grown to live with the insane uncontrollable playlist. Boy would FOLDERS be a nice addition!

Here is a link to the BSF:
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=BSFR01&d=DIRECTV-Band-Stop-Filter-(BSFR01)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DIRECTV...Signal_Amplifiers_Filters&hash=item3a629111a0

Keep in mind if you go this route you'll need to have an cinema connection kit for both "networks" if you decide to use on demand on each set of receivers.

That would work, but remember no more than eight tuners on each side of the SWM16. My guess is the OP wants nine on one side........

Thanks for all the info. Ill order one of the band stop filters. Could I disable one of the tuners on one of the DVRs to get down to 8 tuners on one side? One of the DVRs is in the kitchen and barely gets used.
I actually have another cinema connection kit I could use, buy I'm thinking I might not want to because my kids don't use on demand and I don't want them ordering ppv by "accident"

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. Ill order one of the band stop filters. Could I disable one of the tuners on one of the DVRs to get down to 8 tuners on one side? One of the DVRs is in the kitchen and barely gets used.
I actually have another cinema connection kit I could use, buy I'm thinking I might not want to because my kids don't use on demand and I don't want them ordering ppv by "accident"

Yes, you can turn off the 2nd tuner on the kitchen unit, you'll need to go thru the Repeat Sat set up to do it .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)