Criminal Minds

Really good episode this week. Bummer it's to be continued. Can't wait to see what Morgan did. Great seeing Carmine Giovinazzo again. SO Danny's gone from CSI to serial killer. And I think Savanah was going to tell him she's pregnant.

S~

Saw this posted in the comments section of an article on Yahoo TV a while back.

Pretty much sums everything up.

How to write a Criminal Minds episode:

- First show a woman get abducted or someone get killed
- Title Music
- A blonde (JJ or Garcia) presenting the case and then Hotch says "Wheels up in 30" ..Why always 30???
- Everyone dressed up like GQ models except Morgan in slacks or jeans
- They discuss it again in flight drawing comparisons to popular real life serial killers
- They reach the place and talk to local police officer who are all bumbling idiots
- Then another murder or abduction

Then comes the brilliant giving the profile where everyone talks one sentence and then the other one picks up as if they have already researched before

- Third victim now in danger of getting killed or raped
- Using witness and Garcia's computer skills,they find the criminal
- They rush there and for some reason,its always Morgan who goes first
- He tackles the suspect and the case is over....
- A shot of them flying in plane with an inspirational quote in the end

Saw this posted in the comments section of an article on Yahoo TV a while back.

Pretty much sums everything up.

How to write a Criminal Minds episode:

- First show a woman get abducted or someone get killed
- Title Music
- A blonde (JJ or Garcia) presenting the case and then Hotch says "Wheels up in 30" ..Why always 30???
- Everyone dressed up like GQ models except Morgan in slacks or jeans
- They discuss it again in flight drawing comparisons to popular real life serial killers
- They reach the place and talk to local police officer who are all bumbling idiots
- Then another murder or abduction

Then comes the brilliant giving the profile where everyone talks one sentence and then the other one picks up as if they have already researched before

- Third victim now in danger of getting killed or raped
- Using witness and Garcia's computer skills,they find the criminal
- They rush there and for some reason,its always Morgan who goes first
- He tackles the suspect and the case is over....
- A shot of them flying in plane with an inspirational quote in the end
That about sums it up ....
That said, you could do the same with every successful show.

OK. I didn't miss it last week when we really didn't know who was behind it. Next week should be interesting. Man I hope they didn't kill her off. I hate when they do that just as someone finds some happiness.

S~

That about sums it up ....
That said, you could do the same with every successful show.

Only the formulaic procedurals on network TV. Ghost Whisperer and My Name Is Earl are the only shows in recent years that I can think of that are more cookie cutter than Criminal Minds has become. But just about all of the scripted dramas on network TV are the same. With Criminal Minds I feel like I'm watching the same episode every week, with most of my other shows (some of which are pretty successful in their own right) I do not. The darker nature of this show is why I continue watching it. I'm like a junkie looking to re-live his first high. One of the earlier episodes in the series, going back to season 2, 'North Mammon' was in my opinion the best episode ever of Criminal Minds and my all time favorite. My jaw hit the floor a few times during that episode and it was one of the very few times watching a TV show or movie made me feel uneasy. It was awesome! I'm waiting for something to top that. Nine and a half years later I'm still looking to not just re-live but top that high.

Nah. Will be tough without DM, though. Just like NCIS will be tough without Tony. Looking forward to seeing Prentice again next I like when they don't kill of characters and can bring them back.

S~

Looks like the troubles continue for Thomas Gibson. He will be missing from 2 episodes this season and has lost his directing job for assaulting a writer.

S~