Customer's Who Are Rude And Want Everything Free

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would the original poster type Like This? Typing In All Caps, On The First Letter Of Each Word Is Annoying, And Time Consuming.

DTV-T2-Tech said:
Yes my checks come from LA Which is DTV head office , Why do people get on here who think they know what there are talking about. Oklahoma & Alabama is not out sourced. And we was talking about call centers not broadcast stations, geez :confused:, apparently your checks don't have the DTV logo on it, mine does

The Alabama call center was out sourced (through West Corp). D* only recently brought that operation inhouse.

Not only do my paychecks say The DirecTV Group, so does my badge, and the building I work in.

Tulsa and Huntsville were both West Corp., which DTV cut ties to and built their own call centers there.

Just in case there was any more confusion :)

silversurfer01973 said:
Folks keep this thread on topic and avoid the peresonal insults or it will be locked....Thank you...

Ok I have to say this.

GALACTUS MUST LIVE!!!

I just got my Tivo about 3 weeks ago. My installer, told me he has been doing this since the summer of 2000. He told me that he used to put up a with a lot of bad customers because the money was so good. Now, he said, there was a recent change (less than a year ago) & now they are getting screwed(in his opinion). So he said, when a customer makes (in his opinon) unreasonable demads, he tells them to call E*.

lovswr said:
Ok I have to say this.

GALACTUS MUST LIVE!!!

I just got my Tivo about 3 weeks ago. My installer, told me he has been doing this since the summer of 2000. He told me that he used to put up a with a lot of bad customers because the money was so good. Now, he said, there was a recent change (less than a year ago) & now they are getting screwed(in his opinion). So he said, when a customer makes (in his opinon) unreasonable demads, he tells them to call E*.

some thoughts on your post,

1 99% of subs are great people!
2 he directs directv subs to dish nowork? he needs terminated for side selling!
3 he is either an idiot or insane!
4 he is un professional!
5 subs cant make demands, IMHO

dragon

so you people didn't even get the point of the whole post but whatever.

lovswr said:
Ok I have to say this.

GALACTUS MUST LIVE!!!

omg a silver surfer movie, something tells me that it'd be so hard to get it just right...

About the installer stuff, once you see if from the tech support side, you'd understand why the money coming down the pipe has dried up... because maybe it drew in too many people who couldn't do the job. So many calls are about botched or incomplete installs. There are some customers out there that dont help things any of course.

mini1 said:
Why would the original poster type Like This? Typing In All Caps, On The First Letter Of Each Word Is Annoying, And Time Consuming.

I would say CandyGirl just adds a sweet artistic flare to her writing style. :)

i didn't do that on purpose for some reason when i was typing it was the font i was using, and yes i do really work for dtv i am in the retention dept. and yes we really can find out where the signal is being broadcast to, thats why we have lawsuits going on against customers for signal theft. duhh!! i like how you think you know everything about dtv, but you probably don't even have a dtv system....hahaha think what you want

dragon002 said:
oklahoma is outsoursed, so is alabama, so is georgia, and so is the new one in pittsburgh

the center in boise is the old primestar center it is dtv o+o so is colorado at the castle rock earth station/ up link center. utah is also o+o all the rest are outbased, does your pay check have "directv group on the top?? :no

dragon

the call center in boise is the main customer installation call center and just so you know we set the standard of call handle time, wrap time, and idle time for all call center reguardless of owners because we know what we're doing, we have maximum of 65 main bank/billing agents, 435 customer installation agents, and 575 retention agents, don't forget tier one tech, access card team, 24-hour team called sunrise and the new call type nct. stop trying to act like you know everything. boise, huntsville and tulsa are owned by dtv, every where else is outsourced by convergy's or another company.

and yes we really can find out where the signal is being broadcast to, thats why we have lawsuits going on against customers for signal theft. duhh!!

Wow. That's amazing. You can see me put up my receive only sat dish and know that I am getting a signal? Do you know what I am wearing too?

BTW - The reason folks get in trouble for signal theft is because they were brilliant enough to use a credit card or their real address when ordering cards or card writers. I assure you, the only way the receivers can talk back is through your phone line (or network connection).

CANDYGIRL said:
i didn't do that on purpose for some reason when i was typing it was the font i was using, and yes i do really work for dtv i am in the retention dept. and yes we really can find out where the signal is being broadcast to, thats why we have lawsuits going on against customers for signal theft. duhh!! i like how you think you know everything about dtv, but you probably don't even have a dtv system....hahaha think what you want
i like how you give off the impression that your a good csr, but based on your previous posts, imho you seem like a dullard

Candygirlly, you obviously know very little about how this works. Everyone else is correct in stating its a RECEIVE ONLY system!

It only receives the signal, not transmit through the satellite. I will say it again, it only receives, not transmit through the satellite. If a phone line is hooked up then that is the only way anything is transmitted back to DirecTv. Maybe this is a scare tactic to get people to hook up their phone lines.

Stargazer said:
It only receives the signal, not transmit through the satellite. I will say it again, it only receives, not transmit through the satellite. If a phone line is hooked up then that is the only way anything is transmitted back to DirecTv. Maybe this is a scare tactic to get people to hook up their phone lines.

That is correct and also the reason Vonage and other services aren't supported is because a customer can pick their own phone number as in their area code so that doesn't help D* if their caller ID shows an 813 area code when you live in say a 727 area code. They would have no way to know where the box is truely calling from. Also some of the VOIP systems are also having problems with corporate systems being able to read the phone number correctly. Also be aware that I do happen to know ways to spoof a phone number via caller ID and its about 400 times easier on VOIP services than with a hard wired phone line and I can do both not that I would but I know how because my job requires it.

There are many different reasons as well beyond that. For example VOIP services aren't secure in that a hacker could create for example a new firmware for a set of D* boxes and use the internet to update the boxes firmware to say dial 911 instead of D* among many extra more severe things like damaging the boxes thus forcing D* to replace millions of boxes. They could also use 20 million boxes to do a DoS attack in many interesting ways.

LonghornXP said:
That is correct and also the reason Vonage and other services aren't supported is because a customer can pick their own phone number as in their area code so that doesn't help D* if their caller ID shows an 813 area code when you live in say a 727 area code. They would have no way to know where the box is truely calling from. Also some of the VOIP systems are also having problems with corporate systems being able to read the phone number correctly.

Yup.
Right on, thats why they ask you your phone number before setting up your account,

LonghornXP said:
Also be aware that I do happen to know ways to spoof a phone number via caller ID and its about 400 times easier on VOIP services than with a hard wired phone line and I can do both not that I would but I know how because my job requires it.

theres a website that have a service, and you can do it that way, but for a fee, ;) , but not telling where, what url, i'll leave that to your lurking around and finding it on your own ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)