CW channels at 91w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
Why won't these channels scan in on my minibud? I am getting very good quality on that transponder, well above a "lock" value, why won't they come in? I have tried several receivers and I have tried scanning that tp by itself, still no luck????

Not to change the subject, but can you do manual PID on the Manhattan with the May firmware, or will we have to wait until the new release is out?

Jeez, I can't remember. Go to the transponder menu, select a tp, press the blue button to search, and then arrow up and instead of scan mode "Normal" arrow right to scan mode "PID" . If it's there, it works. :)

Manual PID entry IS there somewhere, I'm not in front of mine at the moment though. But I do recall its not obvious...you have to change some other seemingly unrelated menu item to get to it.

Coolsat 4/5/6000s are the easiest way to add them....a monkey shine way of doing it but can be done :)

Channel list back to you. I noticed that the revised editor ( which does not require renaming the .dbs extension to .abs) greys out the PID area, while the original editor ( which DOES require renaming the channel file) works just fine. I've heard people complaining about this at time, but thought they were crazy ! :)

Channel list back to you. I noticed that the revised editor ( which does not require renaming the .dbs extension to .abs) greys out the PID area, while the original editor ( which DOES require renaming the channel file) works just fine. I've heard people complaining about this at time, but thought they were crazy ! :)

File works!:D Thank you very much!:) I think I have problems with the editor because my cat is holding the mouse.
That IS the exact problem I found with the editor. Grayed out. Found a different one that RT still has not been able to get it to work. Maybe some day. . . .

Nice to have people here that know how to do things.

RT.

brentb636, Phatwound, Gave the info to the cat and he had it figured out in a few minutes. I did notice in the tut that a left click really was a right click. But it all works now. Thanks SatGuys.:D

RT.
:coffeehave a cup on me. . . .

P.S. OP Mikey11, did you get it to work for your unit?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.