D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know if this has been posted or if is accurate but it looks like a July 28th launch date?

It is at lingsat.

This site will not allow me to post links yet, sorry. :eek:

moonman said:
I don't see how they can get that 2nd Sat. that was
sked. to be launched with S/W2, back from the "shop" in time. Also I thought it would be further delayed by needing to make sure the sat. did not have the problem that S/W1 just had?

I am sure between now and when they prepare the launch vehicle, they will have already repaired any needed software. Are they waiting on the other company's failed bird or have they just moved to their own launch?

EDIT

Quote from the News Section @ Arianespace

"A technical problem with one of the two satellites slated for launch on the night of June 24-25 has resulted in a reordering of Arianespace's mission scheduling."

That right there tells the entire story; a reorder or shuffle of their schedule to get them in.

The extension is 6 months but only because the date of June 25 will be missed. Its better to get a longer time just in case even if the delay is only 2 weeks. Imagine trying to go through an extension process every month. Its hard enough getting 1 a year in.

DIRECTV 9S, scheduled for delivery in the late second quarter of 2005, is designed to operate from orbital locations at 101 degrees West longitude or 119 degrees West longitude. As a back-up for DIRECTV's 4S and 7S satellites, it will be capable of providing up to 54 transponders for high-quality local and national digital video service broadcast into 27 beams. In an alternate configuration, the satellite will be capable of providing up to 44 transponders broadcast into 30 beams.

I think it is scheduled for launch in 2006.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)