D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lyngsat has "updated" their website with a ? by the launch date for Spaceway 2.

Chip

Now, late Aug.....

NET Late August 00:03 to 00:36Z?

Ariane 5ECA
Site:
Vehicle:
Launch provider:
Kourou (French Guiana)
Ariane 5ECA (V167)
Arianespace
Version qualification flight - Delayed from June 25
Spaceway 2 delayed from April
Telkom 2 delayed from Apr. 14, May 31
Payload:
Mission:
Operator:
Prime:
Platform:
Launch mass:
Spaceway 2
Direct Broadcasting
DirecTV Inc.
Boeing Space Systems
BSS-702
6,116 kg

Someone I bet is getting very upset in the D* office......

Barney

Barneypoo69 said:
Now, late Aug.....

NET Late August 00:03 to 00:36Z?

Ariane 5ECA
Site:
Vehicle:
Launch provider:
Kourou (French Guiana)
Ariane 5ECA (V167)
Arianespace
Version qualification flight - Delayed from June 25
Spaceway 2 delayed from April
Telkom 2 delayed from Apr. 14, May 31
Payload:
Mission:
Operator:
Prime:
Platform:
Launch mass:
Spaceway 2
Direct Broadcasting
DirecTV Inc.
Boeing Space Systems
BSS-702
6,116 kg

Someone I bet is getting very upset in the D* office......

Barney

The ECA is the new Ariane upper stage and I believe this is what is delaying the launch.

Gentlemen: All of DirecTV is generally a Keystone Cops operation. Do you expect that they would do better with contractors? I don't.

I'm thinking the best thing to do with anything having to do with DirecTV is just to ignore news, rumors, press releases and hysterical internet discussions predicting all sorts of fantabulous things, and to believe any D* development ONLY when it actually appears on your home screen and you can watch it. This will usually occur between one and two years after the first rumor idiot predicted it would happen, if the alleged development ever happens at all, and it will badly planned and implemented, and of lower quality than first hoped.

Relax. DirecTV are idiots. Expect them to behave that way and you will never be disappointed, but sometimes pleasantly surprised.

And now, onward to consider the overall quality (or lack thereof) of Comcast and DISH in my market area...............we are oppressed consumers, my friends! :no

I can understand some folks negative feelings but "idiots". Give me a break. D* is not perfect but I got dual DVR recoding with Tivo and HD Tivo, pretty good quality digital channels, local channels all at a fair price. Any and all problems I have ever had with them has been addressed and corrected without alot of grief on my end. They still need more HD channels but so does everyone.

But "idiots"??..... Hey I like my Directv.

Happy Camper said:
Gentlemen: All of DirecTV is generally a Keystone Cops operation. Do you expect that they would do better with contractors? I don't.

I'm thinking the best thing to do with anything having to do with DirecTV is just to ignore news, rumors, press releases and hysterical internet discussions predicting all sorts of fantabulous things, and to believe any D* development ONLY when it actually appears on your home screen and you can watch it. This will usually occur between one and two years after the first rumor idiot predicted it would happen, if the alleged development ever happens at all, and it will badly planned and implemented, and of lower quality than first hoped.

Relax. DirecTV are idiots. Expect them to behave that way and you will never be disappointed, but sometimes pleasantly surprised.

And now, onward to consider the overall quality (or lack thereof) of Comcast and DISH in my market area...............we are oppressed consumers, my friends! :no

DIRECTV does need some work but i would not go as far as to say they are idiots :shocked

Lyngsat has "updated" their website again. Now it says August with a ?

Chip

Thats because ArianeSpace has just released the new launch date for IpSat. It will now launch on Aug. 11th 2005, thus delaying the SpaceWay 2 launch even further.

moonman said:

That would make sense based on this:

From www.space.com/spacenews:

PARIS — Orbital Sciences Corp. expects to complete repairs on Indonesia’s Telkom-2 telecommunications satellite and return it to its French Guiana launch base in late August, Orbital Sciences officials said. The satellite could be launched in September.

Status
Please reply by conversation.