D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Spaceway1 in stable position!

Looking at lyngsat this morning and it shows spaceway1 is not moving, but stationary at 102.74. I would post the link, but I have not posted enought yet. The link has been put in this thread before.

Later,
DR

macmantis said:
Looking at lyngsat this morning and it shows spaceway1 is not moving, but stationary at 102.74. I would post the link, but I have not posted enought yet. The link has been put in this thread before.

Later,
DR
Its not stationary yet! Its still "moving" at a Range of 0.01W/Day until it reaches its final destination of 102.80w. Trust me, in a few more days maybe weeks, you'll see it creep its way to the geonstationary orbital slot! :yes

....Edit! SW1 has stopped moving and is close to final orbit!

Lyngsat has now updated Spaceway 2 to lauch 10/5.

Chip

10/5 would make sense with D* Nov. 1 day for HD locals, that would give them a few weeks to test the bird out.

I can honestly say I think S2 delay is wreaking havoc for D. I think they've had to backpedal a lot with it being delayed a number of months.

calypsocowboy said:
I can honestly say I think S2 delay is wreaking havoc for D. I think they've had to backpedal a lot with it being delayed a number of months.
This delay is also affecting us E* customers too; we certainly won't see any more HD while D* is spinning their wheels.

Smthkd said:
That's not October 5th! "0510" means "October 2005" I think you meant 10/05 or 10/2005:rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant to type 10/05. :eek:

Chip

My sources tell me that Spaceway2 and Telkom2 launch date maybe Sept. 29th instead of a October launch! Although this has not been confirmed, it is a possibility since IpStar was launched successfully! I also have been told that the launch has been possibly codenamed to reduce speculation but will be updated when launch confirmation is complete!

Smthkd said:
My sources tell me that Spaceway2 and Telkom2 launch date maybe Sept. 29th instead of a October launch! Although this has not been confirmed, it is a possibility since IpStar was launched successfully! I also have been told that the launch has been possibly codenamed to reduce speculation but will be updated when launch confirmation is complete!
----------------
Where is "007" when we need him?? :wtf:

Smthkd said:
Was that supposed to be a joke!? Im sorry I didnt get it! :sorry:
----------------
Yes it was a joke....I can't for the life of me think why a public event
like this, needs a "codename" to protect any info of progress on it.....they don't
"censor" the Shuttle launch info....why this?

Perhaps because this is a private event, not a public one? Private as in, it is being funded by private (i.e., D*) money vice public (i.e., taxpayer) money as the Space Shuttle launches are.

Newshawk said:
Perhaps because this is a private event, not a public one? Private as in, it is being funded by private (i.e., D*) money vice public (i.e., taxpayer) money as the Space Shuttle launches are.
I don't buy that.....They felt the need to Broadcast the launch of S/W 1
on their own network (ch 855)...I think they are in deep doggy doo-doo
and don't want any info known... :sorry:

moonman said:
I don't buy that.....They felt the need to Broadcast the launch of S/W 1
on their own network (ch 855)...I think they are in deep doggy doo-doo
and don't want any info known... :sorry:
Well, whether thats the case or not I did state that this is only a rumor until confirmed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.