D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macmantis

Jun 3, 2005
Austin, Texas
Spaceway1 in stable position!

Looking at lyngsat this morning and it shows spaceway1 is not moving, but stationary at 102.74. I would post the link, but I have not posted enought yet. The link has been put in this thread before.

Later,
DR

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
macmantis said:
Looking at lyngsat this morning and it shows spaceway1 is not moving, but stationary at 102.74. I would post the link, but I have not posted enought yet. The link has been put in this thread before.

Later,
DR
Its not stationary yet! Its still "moving" at a Range of 0.01W/Day until it reaches its final destination of 102.80w. Trust me, in a few more days maybe weeks, you'll see it creep its way to the geonstationary orbital slot! :yes

....Edit! SW1 has stopped moving and is close to final orbit!

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Lyngsat has now updated Spaceway 2 to lauch 10/5.

Chip

calypsocowboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 7, 2005
10/5 would make sense with D* Nov. 1 day for HD locals, that would give them a few weeks to test the bird out.

I can honestly say I think S2 delay is wreaking havoc for D. I think they've had to backpedal a lot with it being delayed a number of months.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
calypsocowboy said:
I can honestly say I think S2 delay is wreaking havoc for D. I think they've had to backpedal a lot with it being delayed a number of months.
This delay is also affecting us E* customers too; we certainly won't see any more HD while D* is spinning their wheels.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Smthkd said:
That's not October 5th! "0510" means "October 2005" I think you meant 10/05 or 10/2005:rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant to type 10/05. :eek:

Chip

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
My sources tell me that Spaceway2 and Telkom2 launch date maybe Sept. 29th instead of a October launch! Although this has not been confirmed, it is a possibility since IpStar was launched successfully! I also have been told that the launch has been possibly codenamed to reduce speculation but will be updated when launch confirmation is complete!

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Smthkd said:
My sources tell me that Spaceway2 and Telkom2 launch date maybe Sept. 29th instead of a October launch! Although this has not been confirmed, it is a possibility since IpStar was launched successfully! I also have been told that the launch has been possibly codenamed to reduce speculation but will be updated when launch confirmation is complete!
----------------
Where is "007" when we need him?? :wtf:

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Smthkd said:
Was that supposed to be a joke!? Im sorry I didnt get it! :sorry:
----------------
Yes it was a joke....I can't for the life of me think why a public event
like this, needs a "codename" to protect any info of progress on it.....they don't
"censor" the Shuttle launch info....why this?

Newshawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 3, 2004
OK
Perhaps because this is a private event, not a public one? Private as in, it is being funded by private (i.e., D*) money vice public (i.e., taxpayer) money as the Space Shuttle launches are.

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Newshawk said:
Perhaps because this is a private event, not a public one? Private as in, it is being funded by private (i.e., D*) money vice public (i.e., taxpayer) money as the Space Shuttle launches are.
I don't buy that.....They felt the need to Broadcast the launch of S/W 1
on their own network (ch 855)...I think they are in deep doggy doo-doo
and don't want any info known... :sorry:

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
moonman said:
I don't buy that.....They felt the need to Broadcast the launch of S/W 1
on their own network (ch 855)...I think they are in deep doggy doo-doo
and don't want any info known... :sorry:
Well, whether thats the case or not I did state that this is only a rumor until confirmed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts