D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RAL686 said:
is channel 855 only active during the launch? on my D10 it states that "channel is not available"
Yes....if D* is going to cover a launch, they usually make 855 "live", shortly
before the event. It will be listed as a "Private" network program, and cannot
be viewed until they make it live.

moonman said:
Yes....if D* is going to cover a launch, they usually make 855 "live", shortly
before the event. It will be listed as a "Private" network program, and cannot
be viewed until they make it live.
855 is "LIVE" now!!!!!!!!!

Remember, if you want to record it, you must do a manual record.
Ch. 855 is now showing,

Upcoming: Directv 8 Launch 5/22/05 1:40 pm - 2:20 pm EDT :)

"May 22, 2005. The liftoff of the ILS Proton Breeze M with DIRECTV 8 occurred successfully at 1:59p.m. EDT as scheduled. Separation of the satellite is expected to happen at approx 11:15p.m. EDT"

Doggonit!! I missed it.... than when I checked the channel, it said that it was showing a replay... than after a minute it went back to "channel not avaliable", oh well, I hope to have better luck next time.

RAL686 said:
Doggonit!! I missed it.... than when I checked the channel, it said that it was showing a replay... than after a minute it went back to "channel not avaliable", oh well, I hope to have better luck next time.
I'm sure there will be lot's of "Head's-up" next time as well :)
In the meantime you can be updated by the current status of this launch
here.......... http://www.spaceflightnow.com/proton/dtv8/status.html
Remember to "refresh" the page when you visit, either by the "refresh"
button on your browser, or F-5 on your keyboard! :D

"0325 GMT (11:25 p.m. EDT Sun.)

SUCCESS. The Breeze M upper stage completed final engine firing and then released the DIRECTV 8 spacecraft into geosynchronous transfer orbit to successfully conclude today's launch. "

Two up (Skyway 1, DirecTV 8), one to go (Skyway 2 next month.) By the time they get all three heated up, it will be time to start planning for the fourth bird.

A DTV suit said during the pre-launch that it was like the company was starting from scratch - or words to that effect.

I get the impression that it will be in June, since the rumored D* big announcement is the end of June. I would think that the successful launch of Spaceway 2 would be a prerequisite for the announcement. Just speculation of course.

Smthkd said:
I think you mean SpaceWay F1 and Directv 8 are up and SpaceWay F2 is next month! :p

Didn't Spaceway 1 launch in april? This was Spaceway 2 that just launched. Or have I lost my mind.

minorthr said:
Didn't Spaceway 1 launch in april? This was Spaceway 2 that just launched. Or have I lost my mind.

Spaceway indeed did launch in April, this weekend's launch was DirecTV8, so yes, you have lost your mind.

Quote:
While today's launch was focused on fortifying DIRECTV's system by replacing an older satellite, the first of several new satellites to substantially expand high-definition channel offerings was launched April 26. Dubbed Spaceway F1, that powerhouse satellite will go into service this summer to begin DIRECTV's new initiative to transmit more than 1,500 national and local high-definition channels. It will be joined by three other satellites -- Spaceway F2 later this year and DIRECTV 10 and DIRECTV 11 in 2007 -- to fully implement the system.

Tonedeaf said:
Where will Spaceway 2 be launched from? SeaLaunch again, like Spaceway 1?
Launch site: ELA-3, Kourou, French Guiana

Attachments

• ariane5-envisat-rollout-bg.gif
    ariane5-envisat-rollout-bg.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 191
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts