D* Satellite Launch Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
> It'll be going up by 7/12/05 one way or the other....

Just curious. How do you know?

FYI, Dan Collins at DBSForum has a very convincing argument against it.

Hong.

pradike said:
Don't plan on any trips to Las Vegas in the near future Mr. Optimist. :shocked

It'll be going up by 7/12/05 one way or the other.... :)

Just curious. How much of your a$$ remains after that little HDlite doesnt exist thread you started at AVS that resulted in the word being added to the AVS gloassry? Does it hurt to sit?:D

pradike said:
Don't plan on any trips to Las Vegas in the near future Mr. Optimist. :shocked

It'll be going up by 7/12/05 one way or the other.... :)

So count down to launch is T-20 days?

I have now read that this 1st week of July launch may now be the last week. Are they just basically saying it will be up in July, but we are just waiting on a confirmed ride? LoL

charper1 said:
I have now read that this 1st week of July launch may now be the last week. Are they just basically saying it will be up in July, but we are just waiting on a confirmed ride? LoL
where did you read that?

I think it was Skyreport, maybe Skyreporter.

EDIT: cant find the link, but it said that DirecTV was in talks to secure the next launch date around the 1st week of 07/2005, but that there was another scheduled launch already planned and that they might have to be put on "standby" but that their Spaceway2 launch "should" happen by the end of July '05.

If you think we're anxious to hear some news, imagine the folks at D* who actually work w/ the sats! Those guys are probably pulling their hair out!

The plans I'm talking about in another thread about D* replacing just customers HD boxes and not thier dishes to move all HD channels to MPEG4 to increase picture quality and add new national HD channels is being considered because of these launch problems. Right now my contacts have no idea now when that bird will be going up and their general feelings because of the talks about swapping all customers HD boxes leads me to believe that this launch won't happen as quick as they would like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.