D* upgrade call

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Been waiting for an offer I could not refuse from D* and I got it last night. Had a message from D* on my answering machine when I returned home. They want to upgrade me from my HR10-250's (1 owned, 1 leased) FOR FREE !! Returned the call today and am getting the new dish, and 2 HD-DVR's for NO CHARGE. Of course she could not guarantee which receivers I would be getting, so I signed up for my locals as well. Also getting $10 programming credit for 12 months. Will see about adjusting that local channel charge once new receivers are installed. I am in Toledo, OH locals area, and D* has no HD locals for us yet.

Can't beat FREE, ( of course 2 year committment included) :D

At least you got the upgrade! I had a similar message on my machine on Thursday. I called the supplied number on Saturday and the CSR told me he had recieved a number of similar call backs but has no offer to give!!! He said I should answer the call the next time it comes in 9how can you do that when ou're not home???!!!)

I suppose I'l try calling again soon.

At least you got the upgrade! I had a similar message on my machine on Thursday. I called the supplied number on Saturday and the CSR told me he had recieved a number of similar call backs but has no offer to give!!! He said I should answer the call the next time it comes in 9how can you do that when ou're not home???!!!)

I suppose I'l try calling again soon.

Maybe you can try this number if it is different from the one you called before. It is the one they gave me: 1-888-763-7772

Maybe you can try this number if it is different from the one you called before. It is the one they gave me: 1-888-763-7772

The message they left mentioned it was an upgrade offer for NFL ST subscribers. Maybe you could mention that to them, if you haven't already.

That does sound like a good deal they have given you. If you have an HR10-250 then D must be getting ready to eliminate the orignal channels that were first offered in the 70's range of channels for those units. That can mean only one thing, soon to be no more HD-DVR from tivo will be able to get hd at all soon.

That's the number I called. I plan on trying again tonite. I didn't mention the NFL ST to the first CSR I spoke with, I'll make sure I do that this time and see what happens.

Thanks for the follow up.

That's the number I called. I plan on trying again tonite. I didn't mention the NFL ST to the first CSR I spoke with, I'll make sure I do that this time and see what happens.

Got my AM-21's via Fed Ex yesterday, and hooked them up today. They are working fine. I signed up for the HD Plus DVR package and for the locals. Since I am now receiving the AM-21 for my locals OTA, I told the dish installer not to put up the 2nd dish for D* locals. Are the locals included in my package, or is there a seperate charge? If there is a seperate charge, I can now cancel my D* locals and save a few $$ a month. I could not find anything on the D* website about charges for locals, and been too busy to call them yet. Does anyone have an idea on this?

Got my AM-21's via Fed Ex yesterday, and hooked them up today. They are working fine. I signed up for the HD Plus DVR package and for the locals. Since I am now receiving the AM-21 for my locals OTA, I told the dish installer not to put up the 2nd dish for D* locals. Are the locals included in my package, or is there a seperate charge? If there is a seperate charge, I can now cancel my D* locals and save a few $$ a month. I could not find anything on the D* website about charges for locals, and been too busy to call them yet. Does anyone have an idea on this?

Locals are now part of the base packages. There was a time (about 3 years or more) that you could opt to add the locals.

Just click the LOCALS tab on PACKAGES page. Locals are included as long as they carry them; no extra chg.

Actually, you can still opt out of them.
D* now gives you your locals as part of your package, but you are paying for them none the less, this started last March when the rates went up by like $4-5 dollars, that covered the locals.
That said, you CAN still opt out, call them or you may be able to do it on line as well. You will save $3 per month.

Jimbo

no annual commitment ?

Just checked under my "current setup" on my D* account. My services shows: "no annual commitment" $0.00 _ offer. Does this sound like I am not obliged to a new 2 year commitment for my recent upgrade to my HD equipment? I haven't noticed this until after my recent upgrade. I also am witing for a reply from D* about the locals charge.

Just checked under my "current setup" on my D* account. My services shows: "no annual commitment" $0.00 _ offer. Does this sound like I am not obliged to a new 2 year commitment for my recent upgrade to my HD equipment? I haven't noticed this until after my recent upgrade. I also am witing for a reply from D* about the locals charge.

"waiting" for a reply that is :D:D:D

D* response

This is an exerpt of response from D* about opting out of locals.

"Thank you for writing. The option to change to a package that does not include local channels is not available. Customers must subscribe to a base package that includes local channels if local channels are available in their area through DIRECTV.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,"

Anyone disagree with this?

This is an exerpt of response from D* about opting out of locals.

"Thank you for writing. The option to change to a package that does not include local channels is not available. Customers must subscribe to a base package that includes local channels if local channels are available in their area through DIRECTV.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,"

Anyone disagree with this?

Absolutly,
20fan, if you have time, call D* and tell them you get your locals OTA and you want them removed from your package, I have never done this ONLINE, so I'm not sure how that works, but if you call them, they CAN remove them for you (they did me) and you will save the $ 3 p/m

Jimbo

Absolutly,
20fan, if you have time, call D* and tell them you get your locals OTA and you want them removed from your package, I have never done this ONLINE, so I'm not sure how that works, but if you call them, they CAN remove them for you (they did me) and you will save the $ 3 p/m

Jimbo

Thanks again Jimbo. Will let you know what they tell me.

Called again. The CSR did not know anything about an upgrade offer, but did "check the system" and found that I qualified for a free HD upgrade. Installer came last night with H21 and so far everything works fine. I guess it pays to be persistent.

Called again. The CSR did not know anything about an upgrade offer, but did "check the system" and found that I qualified for a free HD upgrade. Installer came last night with H21 and so far everything works fine. I guess it pays to be persistent.

Good to hear that 88 ! I find that the surround sound is better on the new HD channels too. Seems to make more use of the rear surround speakers.

Absolutly,

Jimbo

Welllllllllllllllllllll, Strike 1 on my first call to customer service. I was told that "the system" will not let D* NOT give you the locals if they are available in your area. This was even after I told her I have the new OTA tuners. Guess I will try again at a later date. Also csr had no info for when they would have Toledo locals in HD.

Welllllllllllllllllllll, Strike 1 on my first call to customer service. I was told that "the system" will not let D* NOT give you the locals if they are available in your area. This was even after I told her I have the new OTA tuners. Guess I will try again at a later date. Also csr had no info for when they would have Toledo locals in HD.

No one at D* will budge on opting out of locals. "If you have locals available to you, you have to subscribe to them" is what I am told repeatedly.

No one at D* will budge on opting out of locals. "If you have locals available to you, you have to subscribe to them" is what I am told repeatedly.

Interesting, when I called about something (awhile back) I simply told them that I did not need the locals because I have an antenna that works fine, they turned them off and saved me $3 p/m without any problems at all.
This was before they changed to the new pricing structure, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)