Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
D11 Launch Captures and Sound Bytes

Broadcast photos and audio clips attached.
Photo from the launch deck (Courtesy Sea-Launch):
dtv11-tall.jpg

Attachments

• D11.JPG
    D11.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 375
  • D11a.JPG
    D11a.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 294
  • D11b.JPG
    D11b.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 308
  • D11 orbit.JPG
    D11 orbit.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 413
  • D11c.JPG
    D11c.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Artist - How subscribers will benifit from D11.mp3
    466 KB · Views: 317
  • Artist - Is Direct planning further expansion.mp3
    468 KB · Views: 359
  • Artist - Creating programming.mp3
    344 KB · Views: 224
  • Artist - Launch.mp3
    284 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
(DirecTV VP) "To our subscribers: Hold on to your hats, we've got more coming"

That about sums it up from the DirecTV 11 launch!!!!!

D11 gives them 1,500 local HD spotbeam capacity, and 150 national HD capacity.

D12 (Mid-2009) will give them over 200 national HD capacity!

Was glued to channel 573. Great launch. Brought me back to my childhood watching Mercury and Apollo launches. Well, maybe a little less suspense and gravitas but this is really some exciting stuff. :D

Also very appropriate that they dedicated the launch to Sir Arthur C. Clarke.

I tried to watch the launch on Channel 573 and all I got was a blank screen. no sound or picture. How long will it take before we find out if the launch was a success.

Great news, more HD on the way, when shall we see the HD channels being added?

A D* VP at the party said they now had 60 days of tasks ahead of them it that helps with a guess.

As we've seen in the past week, these things are anything but routine. I don't care if it takes until late summer to light the new channels up...I just care that everything functions as intended, when intended. As a complete outsider I suspect that the absolute latest they want it lit up would be for the NFL season (Mp4 anyone?) as well as getting the rest of the mid-major markets up for the fall TV season.

Where's D12 going? I can't see how it would be 99 or 103 if they are claiming more channels.

Since D11 is going to 99, I would guess D12 will end up at 103. No matter; the bottom line is that D12 will add 50 more national HD channels and 50 more local HD markets. E* will be hard-pressed to match this, especially if they continue to ignore the increased capacity Ka-Band satellites. They seem to have their heads in the sand on this.

Don't forget that D* has Ka licenses at 101 and IIRC they're only using a couple transponders on D9S's Ka capacity for backhaul. If they put it at 99 or 103 what would that do since they already have two satellites at each of those locations which should have the capacity alone to completly use.

Since D11 is going to 99, I would guess D12 will end up at 103. No matter; the bottom line is that D12 will add 50 more national HD channels and 50 more local HD markets. E* will be hard-pressed to match this, especially if they continue to ignore the increased capacity Ka-Band satellites. They seem to have their heads in the sand on this.

There's only so many licenses at 99 and 103 and I'm sure the two birds at 103 will be more than enough to handle them. More satellites doesn't always mean more capacity. It's all about the licenses.

A D* VP at the party said they now had 60 days of tasks ahead of them it that helps with a guess.

Do you mean the chat party??

I was there for a while. Was he disguised or did he let it be known who he was??

Cool, either way.

Do you mean the chat party??

I was there for a while. Was he disguised or did he let it be known who he was??

Cool, either way.

SeaLaunch was having a little party for their staff and DirecTV, that's where he was at.

Just curious. Did they ever say what the 2 day delay was??

Did it have to do with the AMC-14 launch and it's mishap? Maybe checking things to make sure the same thing did not happen twice in one week.

Way to go D11!!!

Wow. Must be nice not having to prepare for another sat. launch for a year.:)

Nice! And tomorrow I get my D* service installed! <3

Me too.

Install scheduled for 8am-12.

Weather forecast = great.

Am just clearing out a space for the receiver as we speak and making sure that the installer can get to the back of the tv and also to the places that he may need access to.

:)

Welcome to Directv... :) I have both providers and like both... in fact just switched my inputs to my Ht from Direct to Dish (to be able to record Survivor for a freind... she forgot it was on tonight)It will be a learning experience as the remotes are very different.. we need a geneva convention to standardize remotes :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)