D11 Launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shamill19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Ok, I'm very pleased with the progress that D* has made with the national channels. (Although, personally believe they use fuzzy math in their 70 channel claim.)
But I am in a market way down on the list for HD locals. I'm sure they will not be turned on for me until D11 launches.

What is the D11 launch date?

I can't wait to take down the OTA antenna!

Last edited:
Ok, I'm very pleased with the progress that D* has made with the national channels. (Although, personally believe they use fuzzy math in their 70 channel claim.)
But I am in a market way down on the list for HD locals. I'm sure they will not be turned on for me until D11 launches.

D11 set for early January of 2008

Take down the OTA? I get my HD locals free via basic cable and would never take down the OTA.

OTA is a good backup when things aren't working right with the other feed. Not mention you are getting the video without the middle man.

Take down the OTA? I get my HD locals free via basic cable and would never take down the OTA.

OTA is a good backup when things aren't working right with the other feed. Not mention you are getting the video without the middle man.
OTA when sat signal is down, it happens but I often forget to switch to OTA, no reason to get rid of antenna.

Locals market list?

Is there such a "list" for HD Local Markets or are you just assuming? If there's a list, do you/anyone know when Colorado Springs is supposed to get them, or where it is on the list?

Thanks

Is there such a "list" for HD Local Markets or are you just assuming? If there's a list, do you/anyone know when Colorado Springs is supposed to get them, or where it is on the list?

Thanks

The market rankings is what he is talking about. Generally they turn on the higher ranked markets because it gets to more viewers quickly. For example, Im in Charleston(around 100) and moving to Norfolk(around 45). Should see Norfolk well before Charleston in HD.

Yes, but the DMA is merely a guideline. There are some holes in the sequence that can be based on contractual delays or equipment delays or maybe even lobbying by local markets. For instance, I think it is Reno NV that is like DMA #120 or higher, and they are already getting HD-LIL, but most everyone from the low 60's on up is still waiting. It is fairly accurate, but there are weird things that happen sometimes... :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone else - keep the OTA. Also keep in mind that just because your DMA lights up doesn't mean you're going to get all of the channels you get OTA. Some of us don't get all of the big 4 in HD from D* yet (thanks, LIN!) even though we are "lit" for HD LIL.

I have 5 channels in HD OTA that I currently don't get from D* (including CBS), and a few of those will probably be a long time in coming (CW, PBS, etc).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)