D12 Satellite Launched!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has D stated it's intentions on more national HD excluding sports and PPV? If so have they indicated contracts for any of the existing HD channels they don't currently carry?

D11 took so long to go live partly because of the testing of the BSS payload.
DIRECTV 12 has an even more complex BSS payload -- RB-2A.
Also, we COULD see new hd channels before D12 is live, after the NFL regular season is over since Sundays will no longer have the demand of Sunday Ticket. That means Directv could shut off some of the PPV channels if they so choose. I suspect you already know all of this, however.
I do and it has long been my explanation for how they might deliver ESPNU HD (the one and only new national HD channel they've promised) on schedule.

amen.:up.. they feel the threat LOL

Feel the threat, Yea thats what it is....:rolleyes:, Nope, My tv service provider allready provides more than what D* will with the new sat. :up to that!

because bob has become quite the D* hater :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When will you guys realize that im not a D* hater. I just bitch about everyone :D Go to utalk.att.com im known as a uverse hater there. Go to the dish forums here, im known as a dish hater. No matter what forums you go to, Im known as a hater. Nope, Im not a hater, I just point out whats wrong and look at the obvious. I cant help it that a bunch of fan boys don't like the truth. If these company's would listen and fixed the issues, I wouldn't be bitching. Theres always room for improvement and the strategic planning D* has had as of late really hasn't been too much to talk about. D* should have launched this satellite over 6 months ago, but if D* wasnt so busy being bought, sold off, and passed around like a cheap whore, then we might get somewhere now. ;)

DIRECTV 12 has an even more complex BSS payload -- RB-2A.I do and it has long been my explanation for how they might deliver ESPNU HD (the one and only new national HD channel they've promised) on schedule.

Yea im quite interested in how this payload is going to be handled by directv. If everything goes well, its going to be interesting how they spread the load around on the bird and what goes where. NFL ST eats up too much bandwidth.

Feel the threat, Yea thats what it is....:rolleyes:, Nope, My tv service provider allready provides more than what D* will with the new sat. :up to that!

When will you guys realize that im not a D* hater. I just bitch about everyone :D Go to utalk.att.com im known as a uverse hater there. Go to the dish forums here, im known as a dish hater. No matter what forums you go to, Im known as a hater. Nope, Im not a hater, I just point out whats wrong and look at the obvious. I cant help it that a bunch of fan boys don't like the truth. If these company's would listen and fixed the issues, I wouldn't be bitching. Theres always room for improvement and the strategic planning D* has had as of late really hasn't been too much to talk about. D* should have launched this satellite over 6 months ago, but if D* wasnt so busy being bought, sold off, and passed around like a cheap whore, then we might get somewhere now. ;)

Yea im quite interested in how this payload is going to be handled by directv. If everything goes well, its going to be interesting how they spread the load around on the bird and what goes where. NFL ST eats up too much bandwidth.

What a hater. :rolleyes:

I love it when you said - If these company's would listen and fixed the issues, I wouldn't be bitching.
:haha It's to bad these companies don't listen to you.

What a hater. :rolleyes:

I love it when you said - If these company's would listen and fixed the issues, I wouldn't be bitching.
:haha It's to bad these companies don't listen to you.

Haha Koolaid man right here!:rainbow Yea your right, its too much to ask for some common scene coming from these company's. God forbid they do anything halfway right from the start, the world would be falling! When talking about corp america, a few things come to mind like Micromanaging and greed. God forbid if they listened to me for once and became more successful than what they are now. That would be Crazy, just like the D* board room commercials! Give me a Break! You aughta be glad they dont listen to me! God forbid you get your money's worth. Holy smokes if your not getting ripped off by the next guy things wouldn't be right in this world! :D :rant::rolleyes:

Actually D* and E* is lucky I don't have the capital to be in the business with them as I would be giving them both a run for their money. Im really getting sick and tired of people saying your a "troll" or "hater" if you have a different view. Holy Smokes Folks, God forbid if someone actually cares to make a difference, its more than you have done! There are different strokes for different folks, but having a different view is no reason to chastise someone.

RB-2A consists of four spotbeams pointed at areas in the far western US. None of the existing DIRECTV standard dishes can handle BSS so don't expect them to do anything useful with it from the consumer perspective.

i aint going to all those places bob ;):p:D:D

Amen !!:up

Amen !!:up

ok bob let me put it this way. hemi knows i say it like it is on any provider but here's the difference. i had dish for 10 years and left it for directv. how often do you see me going in to the dish forums and bitching about all the faults i think dish has? go on look. that's what i don't understand. why continue to bitch about a service you no longer have.;) they all have faults and most of us already know what they are unless its a fanboy blinded by there love for a provider or a troll blinded by their hate for a provider

ok bob let me put it this way. hemi knows i say it like it is on any provider but here's the difference. i had dish for 10 years and left it for directv. how often do you see me going in to the dish forums and bitching about all the faults dish has? go on look. that's what i don't understand. why continue to bitch about a service you no longer have.;)
I'll answer this one for BOB.
I go into the D* forums because I have an intrest in Direct TV.
If D* would Improve on the Few request I have then, Its Possible that D* would be considered an option in the future.
Tiptoing around everything D* does , Isn't going to make improvements on anything. Not saying you" REY"
Their DVRs have improved , But not enough for the amount of YEARS they have had to profect it!
E* has Flaws too, But IMO D* needs more work then E* does, as Far as equipment, Lease costs, and Package options.
D* is Geared ONLY to Sports fans.
E* is Geared to Just about everyone with their Over all programming.
E* has More Premiums, More National channels, More Adult channels, More
A La Carte, More Music, better equipment, cheaper equipment leases. And way more Base Package Options Starting from $9.99 per month all the way to $102.99 per month.

If D* would Improve in these areas , They would be unstopable.
People like sports I agree, But D* been around long enough that they should be able to cater to everyone.

Last edited:
I'll answer this one for BOB.
I go into the D* forums because I have an intrest in Direct TV.
If D* would Improve on the Few request I have then, Its Possible that D* would be considered an option in the future.
Tiptoing around everything D* does , Isn't going to make improve on anything. Not saying you" REY"
Their DVRs have improved , But not enough for the amount of YEARS they have had to profect it!
E* has Flaws too, But IMO D* needs more work then E* does, as Far as equipment, Lease costs, and Package options.
D* is Geared ONLY to Sports fans.
E* is Geared to Just about everyone with their Over all programming.
E* has More Premiums, More National channels, More Adult channels, More
A La Carte, More Music, better equipment, cheaper equipment leases. And way more Base Package Options Starting from $9.99 per month all the way to $102.99 per month.

If D* would Improve in these areas , They would be unstopable.
People like sports I agree, But D* been around long enough that they should be able to cater to everyone.
hey i was talking to bob!!! :eek::eek::p:D

hemi while i practically agree with everything you posted i strongly agree that too much tiptoeing is done around D* and some don't want to hear or choose to ignore about certain issues making it almost impossible to resolve them or taking too long to do so.

. how often do you see me going in to the dish forums and bitching about all the faults i think dish has?
You can though, no one is stopping you. Only Difference is alot has changed with E* in the past year. You Might run into few that will defend, But Prove them wrong. Simple . If you have a legit beef, They will listen. The ones that most often CRY TROLL got nothing else to say in their defence. So Just let them be fan boys!

D* keeps on coming out with new features , But theres one problem they still haven't profected any single 1 feature.
I may Bash Fios DVR's and Cable Motorola DVRs, But atleast they respond INSTANTLY, to a remote command.
I would Over look many of D* Flaws If they would provide a Better channel Line up. HD and SD.
Lets Hope the D12 Brings some results.

You can though, no one is stopping you. Only Difference is alot has changed with E*. D* keeps on coming out with new features , But theres one problem they still haven't profected any single 1 feature.
I may Bash Fios DVR's and Cable Motorola DVRs, But atleast they respond INSTANTLY, to a remote command.
I would Over look many of D* Flaws If they would provide a Better channel Line up. HD and SD.
Lets Hope the D12 Brings some results.
oh i still go into the dish forums. i think its ridiculous how some think you cant go into a forum just because that's not your provider. i pretty much go into what interests me ;). :up

oh i still go into the dish forums. i think its ridiculous how some think you cant go into a forum just because that's not your provider. i pretty much go into what interests me ;). :up
You can be a D* subscriber and you bash D* you get the same result, Only difference they can't call you a E* fan boy.:) And Vise Versa.

I hope NO more sports are added to the already exploding HD sports line up with D12. Thats all I got to say.

You can be a D* subscriber and you bash D* you get the same result, Only difference they can't call you a E* fan boy.:) And Vise Versa.

I hope NO more sports are added to the already exploding HD sports line up with D12. Thats all I got to say.
i think most of D subs would agree that other hd content would be way better. we have enough sports already. the subs that know whats going on anyway.

i think most of D subs would agree that other hd content would be way better. we have enough sports already. the subs that know whats going on anyway.

Oh, I can think of a few sports additions I would like. Gameplan in HD for one. The college hoops package in HD would be nice. However, the main one I want is ESNPU in HD. After that, national HD or sports, it wont bother me one bit.

That said, I hope more national HD is added for those that want it. On the flip side, I hope the sports additions are added for those customers as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)