D9479 QAM Modulator

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
I've seen some posts about the D9476 and D9477 QAM Modulators on this forum in the past, so hopefully someone here has experience with a D9479 as well. I have a D9476 and have been successful in getting it to operate in standalone mode with a ASI from my commercial Motorola receivers.

I'm interested in getting the D9479 to do something similar, but I'm struggling on how exactly to map an ASI output to a QAM output from the terminal. Has anyone done this before? Any pointers?

D

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
I'm familiar with Qam modulators. What are you trying to do?

I want to pass an entire ASI input stream through to one of the QAM channels.

Did you try the console port? Looks like this one has a web gui :) For $150 may be worth a try. I have 9476 running off an dektec card.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/headend/Digital/QAM_Series/78-745431-01_E.pdf

I did try the Console port, but the available commands are quite a bit different from what I've seen on the D9476 and D9477. The Web interface mentioned, DNCS, is something that Cable Headends use. I don't believe there is a web interface on the device itself. But I haven't figured out how to get the 10/100 port to take an IP address just yet.

Edit: forgot to mention, I attached a list of available commands to this post.

Attachments

• helpall.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 159
L

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
I tried with the D9479 - unsuccessful.
There didn't seem to be a Passthru or Standalone mode like the D9477.
And there didn't seem to be a way to provision the unit using the Command port.

Status
Please reply by conversation.