D9479 QAM Modulator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I've seen some posts about the D9476 and D9477 QAM Modulators on this forum in the past, so hopefully someone here has experience with a D9479 as well. I have a D9476 and have been successful in getting it to operate in standalone mode with a ASI from my commercial Motorola receivers.

I'm interested in getting the D9479 to do something similar, but I'm struggling on how exactly to map an ASI output to a QAM output from the terminal. Has anyone done this before? Any pointers?

I'm familiar with Qam modulators. What are you trying to do?

I want to pass an entire ASI input stream through to one of the QAM channels.

Did you try the console port? Looks like this one has a web gui :) For $150 may be worth a try. I have 9476 running off an dektec card.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/headend/Digital/QAM_Series/78-745431-01_E.pdf

I did try the Console port, but the available commands are quite a bit different from what I've seen on the D9476 and D9477. The Web interface mentioned, DNCS, is something that Cable Headends use. I don't believe there is a web interface on the device itself. But I haven't figured out how to get the 10/100 port to take an IP address just yet.

Edit: forgot to mention, I attached a list of available commands to this post.

Attachments

• helpall.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 225
I tried with the D9479 - unsuccessful.
There didn't seem to be a Passthru or Standalone mode like the D9477.
And there didn't seem to be a way to provision the unit using the Command port.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)