Damn NFL!

I noted CBS NFL on Paramount + has video framerates cranked down to 25 FPa making looks like European video conversion. :p

While my local station KRQE-DT shows smooth videos at 30 FPs and looks better than streaming on Xfinty. :hatsoff
I am getting full 1080P/60fps, looks great, nice and smooth, showing KC vs CIN right now.

My CBS is in the Orlando market.

here is some info-

A representative from Paramount+ confirmed that the service supports 1080/60fps live streams for owned-and-operated and large stations, and 720/30fps for others. Hulu + Live TV and YouTube both support 1080p/60fps streams of some channels on select platforms. Higher streaming frame rates help make anything with fast action, such as sports, look smoother.

Since your station is in a smaller market and owned by Nexstar, might explain why the lessor video quality.

These are the stats for the Bengals - Chiefs game on KCTV. VBR, ~ 10mbps. When comparing to Paramount + stream, I would say KCTV's picture looks more crisp, but that's just my eye.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 155749.png

Reactions: N5XZS
My local station is sending in 1920x1080i 60Hz 30 FPs.

While the Paramount+ send in 1920x1080p 60 Hz 60 FPs, nevertheless it's still showing not smooth video pictures still cranked down on Xfinty.

However Peacock does way much better in much higher video frame rates and the pictures quality is very good since it's front haul feed streaming with national ads only no local ads put in. :hatsoff

How are you determining this? My TV says it's getting 1080p 60hz also, but that's because it matches the output of the Roku. That doesn't necessarily mean the originating video is 1080p.
TV App, it displays in the corner what it is getting.

After about a half hour of viewing, it's now clear to me that the KCTV stream on Paramount+ is higher quality then their OTA feed. Once upon a time, KCTV used to push its .1 feed at between 13-15mbps and the picture was fabulous. Now they've got it split up with a bunch of diginets which degrade the main CBS feed, and their ATSC 3.0 feed is encrypted so I can't even watch that. Sigh.