Damn NFL!

Comcast and spectrum carry all diginets...divide total local channels by cost of local channels....but I was talking Dish...don't know or care how much cable pays
Except for the fact that you have Comcast, which you have posted before.

And most of those diginet stations do not get paid a per sub fee, they are on because of must carry, they ask to be on.

And pretty useless since all of the same content (reruns) is on services like Pluto, Tubi, etc for free.

Reactions: TRG and MikeD-C05
Looks like the NFL only lost "10 to 12 million " viewers...sounds like a step towards irrelevance to me

If I recall correctly there was supposed to be another playoff game exclusively on Peacock this weekend. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Detroit Lions. But I see the game will be on Peacock and NBC.

If I recall correctly there was supposed to be another playoff game exclusively on Peacock this weekend. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Detroit Lions. But I see the game will be on Peacock and NBC.
It was always going to be on both.

Looks like the NFL only lost "10 to 12 million " viewers...sounds like a step towards irrelevance to me

Until we get a subscriber number for 1st Quarter 2024, it is too early to call it a failure, which based on how many watched, especially on a service that has half the subscriber count as Paramount+, was a amazing number, so definitely not a misstep.

Second, the NFL does not care, they know streaming is our future, they also received $110 Million Dollars to not care.

Some people think the NBC local affiliate outages in Ohio and Michigan yesterday were a conspiracy to force people to subscribe to Peacock..
Then they are a complete nincompoop, if the outage was nationwide, then maybe, but still doubtful, but it was only in Grand Rapids, so not that many viewers, there is only 414,000 households in the viewing area population.

Since Cable/Satellite has about 40% of the population, that is 165,000 Households, then if 30% of that is watching the Lions, that is only 49,000 who lost signal ( I read OTA was fine).

I hate conspiracy theories.

It was nationwide.. it went dark on Directv also

Not nationwide, from your link-

The ill-time outage left Detriot fans throughout the state of Michigan furious at NBC's service.

But you are correct, it was on DirecTV, but only from that station, WDIV in Detroit was fine.

It was nationwide.. it went dark on Directv also

no it wasn't. I had no issue OTA or Directv stream. It was the Nexstar owned NBC stations in Ohio/Western Michigan as they are all out of the same hub and it lost power. Folks in Michigan and Ohio mentioned it.
image.png

Reactions: comfortably_numb
no it wasn't. I had no issue OTA or Directv stream. It was the Nexstar owned NBC stations in Ohio/Western Michigan as they are all out of the same hub and it lost power. Folks in Michigan and Ohio mentioned it.View attachment 168057
That makes the conspiracy theory even more ridiculous, a station owned by Nexstar, is going to have a issue, just to force people to subscribe to Peacock, which is owned by Comcast/Universal, which then could cause the Nexstar Affiliate to lose viewers, since all the content is on Peacock.

That makes the conspiracy theory even more ridiculous, a station owned by Nexstar, is going to have a issue, just to force people to subscribe to Peacock, which is owned by Comcast/Universal, which then could cause the Nexstar Affiliate to lose viewers, since all the content is on Peacock.

You assume NFL fans know all of that? It's easy for me to believe angry fans assumed they were being pushed to pay for something, as the Chiefs wild card game is still fresh in their minds. I heard about this "conspiracy" from a good friend who lives in Grand Rapids and he's a very smart guy. I told him it was likely just a technical issue.

Don't get between fans and their football..

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Some people think the NBC local affiliate outages in Ohio and Michigan yesterday were a conspiracy to force people to subscribe to Peacock..

Viewers irate after temporary NBC outage affects Lions-Buccaneers game​

Interesting comments on the article.
I agree about forcing people to subscribe to Peacock. My Parents can get on most of my apps I put on their Fire Tv and my dad wanted me to subscribe to Peacock - so he could see the game and I told him No way. There is nothing on Peacock I want to watch and I hate sports, so buy it if you want it. He wouldn't un-ass the $5.99 to be able to watch the game. Mind you he is sitting on more than $1 million in his retirement account and is 84. If you aren't going to spend now, then when would you ever? :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: comfortably_numb
And like all things, you judge the value proposition when the time comes to make that decision. If it's too much then I pass, if it's too much for some it pushes them to the gray markets, etc. It's all a balance.
I rarely watch Peacock's non sport programming. I looked for family movies and was shocked how quickly we reached the bargain bin dollar store content.

But I love their sport content. Though they didn't do XCountry skiing or Biathlon this year. But their motorsport coverage is awesome.

no it wasn't. I had no issue OTA or Directv stream. It was the Nexstar owned NBC stations in Ohio/Western Michigan as they are all out of the same hub and it lost power. Folks in Michigan and Ohio mentioned it.View attachment 168057
Western Michigan and Ohio are the same HUB ?????
Western Mi and Ohio are a Long ways apart.

I'm in NW Ohio and had no issues with WNWO NBC Toledo

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Western Michigan and Ohio are the same HUB ?????
Western Mi and Ohio are a Long ways apart.

I'm in NW Ohio and had no issues with WNWO NBC Toledo
Your nbc is a Sinclair station and not Nexstar. But yes the nbc in Grand Rapids, Michigan had same issue.