Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

I do not have DNS through dish (only locals);) but I have kept my DNS through NPS on C-Band, both PT24 & Rocky Mountain 8. I called them today and they told me I should qualify at the same address on the Echostar dish. If the site does not work for me they will be calling me tomorrow to see if they can set me up.

Last edited:
I 'live' WAY out in West Texas, about as white an area as you get. My DNS were off as of 8 am this morning but I am still getting CBS-HD (and after posting this will probably lose it within seconds :D). Going to be interesting to see how tomorrow unfolds.

IMO the core will be how the judge defines "in active concert". As I understand it, it means "Persons or groups who knowingly assist and/or encourage [Echostar and their affiliates etc etc] wherever situated in accomplishing acts prohibited [by the ruling]. IMO NPS offering the DNS is what adds uncertainty and may make this work.

They're not a shell company. They offer the same products on C band and indeed at one point were in competition with E* as Your Satellite Provider. Technically they are still in competition with E*, as they offer identical programming via C band.

Thus, this is simply adding another mode of distribution for NPS for products they already offer. As I understand it, they're doing their own authorizations and indeed someone who's shut off by Dish can readily sign up for NPS services. Surely someone "in active concert" doesn't permit customers in arrears/default to continue to utilize associated equipment to receive programming. Could one take a stolen Dish receiver and use it with NPS?

I have homes in two different time zones, neither of which can receive over the air signals nor have access to cable. Without my distant networks I'm in the "cold." I contacted my senators and congressman. One of my senators sent me an e-mail today, but it offered little hope.

I tried to get waivers from my local networks years ago. I applied at one of the stations at 4:30 p.m. on a Monday. On Tuesday morning I received a letter declining my petition. Like they really read it. I know they didn't because they would have known I could not receive a signal even if I had to biggest antennea available, which by the way I did.

We are up against a strong lobby. Not going to happen.

I still have my big dishes so I guess I'll try that route, but like MBARNES, I have a RV. Kind of hard to take a 12 foot dish with me.

lindah

Are all those channels on the NPS website available using my Dish 500 and dish receivers, just paying NPS directly?? IF this is true, I found this package on their website... what would stop people from getting this from them? Anyone know how that works?

Rocky Mountain 8 Pack #419 12.00/month

Denver Networks Digital Location
ABC-KMGH W1-505
NBC-KUSA W1-504
CBS-KNCN W1-503
FOX-KDVR W1-501
WB-KWGN W1-502
PBS-6-KRMA W1-500
PBS-12-KBDI W1-506
UPN-KTVD W1-507

EDIT - I'm asking cause I really want Denver stations :)

Ohhhh alright thanks. But this is an option for me if this other deal doesnt work out? There is no waiver or anything right? I would prefer Denver but it would be easier to just use all the equipment i have now and get the west coast feed the would offer. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Are all those channels on the NPS website available using my Dish 500 and dish receivers, just paying NPS directly?? IF this is true, I found this package on their website... what would stop people from getting this from them? Anyone know how that works?

No. None of the packages on the NPS website are available using a Dish 500 or a dish receiver.

Yes, you need to qualify or need a waiver for C-Band DNS. Many of us have had this service so long that we are grandfathered and do not need waivers. (SHVAA) We had to already have these services prior to a certain date not to have a waiver or qualify. You could set up an account for a physical address say someplace in Montana since your 4DTV is not connected to the phone or ever receive calls like from DISH.

Last edited:
Just FYI, no Charlie Chat yet. Dont know whats up, but I am headed to bed.

I have a feeling tommorow will be another busy day.

Thanks everyone for being SatelliteGuys! :)

Channel 240 has a new DiFranco film. I didn't see the whole thing, but it's basically the same stuff we've taken 46 pages to say.

What ever became of Brian Olsen?

Channel 240 has a new DiFranco film. I didn't see the whole thing, but it's basically the same stuff we've taken 46 pages to say.

What ever became of Brian Olsen?

Hi, long time reader, first post. I did watch the new film, they talk about "other satellite providers" and mention all american direct and give their web site. Also other options previously known. Will see how this all american direct deal works, hopefully I can keep distants. DTW I still have both east and west coast distants at 10 pm central time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts