Deciding Factors for College Football Recruits

Recruiting is "what can you do for me" and nothing about tradition anymore. Recruits will go to a school that can get them to the next level.

You're correct, If tradition had anything to do with it, Notre Dame would have the best recruits year after year.

17-18 year olds could give a rats ass about "tradition".

I have 2 16 year olds, to them Boise State has more "tradition" than Notre Dame and some other "traditional" colleges.

Last edited:
Hart5150 said:
You're correct, If tradition had anything to do with it, Notre Dame would have the best recruits year after year.

17-18 year olds could give a rats ass about "tradition".

I have 2 16 year olds, to them Boise State has more "tradition" than Notre Dame and some other "traditional" colleges.

Bingo!

I'd say tradition still plays at least a part. The traditional schools generally still have top classes.

Of course there is a mix of all of the reasons stated , but just look at the list of top classes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

msmith198025 said:
I'd say tradition still plays at least a part. The traditional schools generally still have top classes.

Of course there is a mix of all of the reasons stated , but just look at the list of top classes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Maybe for a decent recruit...not for a top one. I think growing up being a fan of a school has more juice with kids these days than tradition.

Maybe for a decent recruit...not for a top one. I think growing up being a fan of a school has more juice with kids these days than tradition.

And being a fan of a certain school can also be tied to tradition in many cases as well. Top or not.

Recruiting is "what can you do for me" and nothing about tradition anymore. Recruits will go to a school that can get them to the next level.
how is that different than any other college student? I was a big UGA fan growing up but went to GT instead because it could get me a better engineering career.

Top atheletes are going to go to the school that will play them immediately and be seen by pro scouts, not sit on a bench behind someone else for 2-3 years. After all they are just pre-nfl majors and think as such.

Derwin0 said:
Top atheletes are going to go to the school that will play them immediately and be seen by pro scouts, not sit on a bench behind someone else for 2-3 years. After all they are just pre-nfl majors and think as such.

Ding...Ding...Ding....we have a winner! Mom and Dad will talk tradition...son will SAY "tradition"..but they just wanna play and be seen.... Period!

Derwin0 said:
how is that different than any other college student? I was a big UGA fan growing up but went to GT instead because it could get me a better engineering career.

Ha. I am showing my age now but 25-30 years ago tradition did override a kids decision most of the time.
Now it's all about $.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)