Delivery by mail

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
I hope this has not been covered before butI was a platinum subscriber which Dish turned over to Blockbuster. My question is that I can't find the option to get more than 1 movie sent by mail. Any thoughts. Live chat told me for $5 I could get 2 movies at a time and for $10 I can get 3 movies. I already have netf... and need to know if I should drop them as well and this is why I need to know also.

Hi, You can upgrade the number of discs by mail with any CSR. I can assist, if you would like to send your account information to me in PM. The 2 disc option will be $5.00 more and the 3 disc option will be $10.00 more. Please just let me know!

Hi, You can upgrade the number of discs by mail with any CSR. I can assist, if you would like to send your account information to me in PM. The 2 disc option will be $5.00 more and the 3 disc option will be $10.00 more. Please just let me know!

Mary-I'd happily upgrade to 2 @ a time if they had enough inventory to support making it worthwhile. Sadly they don't for now, at least in my experience. Out of 23 titles in my que about 3 of 'em are actually available and 2 of those are older titles that I'm really not much interested in. The rest are short wait (which hasn't proven to be short), long wait and very long wait. The in-store inventory is good and many are available but my nearest store is about 40 minutes away which is 80 minutes round trip. I'm hoping this will improve and it's just temporary because of all the Netflix quitters (like ME) jumping on board.
Just sayin'........

Ed

Mary-I'd happily upgrade to 2 @ a time if they had enough inventory to support making it worthwhile. Sadly they don't for now, at least in my experience. Out of 23 titles in my que about 3 of 'em are actually available and 2 of those are older titles that I'm really not much interested in. The rest are short wait (which hasn't proven to be short), long wait and very long wait. The in-store inventory is good and many are available but my nearest store is about 40 minutes away which is 80 minutes round trip. I'm hoping this will improve and it's just temporary because of all the Netflix quitters (like ME) jumping on board.
Just sayin'........

Ed

I can understand completely. If you any assistance, just let me know!

Can I cancel my BBMP?
I just added it 2 days ago, but 2 days ago I HAD a BB store here around, and today that I went to return my movie, it was closed... without warning, just closed.
So why do you offer the "On store returns" when the stores are still closing?

That was the best part of the deal for me, because the store was really close and last week that I made an instore return was great ( I was in a Blockbuster by mail 1 month free), so that month free finished and I add the BBMP, but now there is no store. And If I rely only by mail it takes too long. Also There is no stream yet on 922, like to keep it.
So can I cancel without the fee for changing programming?.

:mad:

Last edited:
Yes I know, but they are partners now, offering the same product, and I actually got it because there was a store close to me and that was convenient. Now it isn't.
So I just want to cancel without having to pay the fee fo changing programming within 30 days.

I understand the convenience, but use the mail service, at least for this Month. If it's that important, you can cancel in 30 days.

Yes, I guess Ill use the mail. The only thing is that by mail it took more than a week for the movies to come :coffee

So thats fine then. Ill cancel next month.

Can I cancel my BBMP? I just added it 2 days ago, but 2 days ago I HAD a BB store here around, and today that I went to return my movie, it was closed... without warning, just closed. So why do you offer the "On store returns" when the stores are still closing? That was the best part of the deal for me, because the store was really close and last week that I made an instore return was great ( I was in a Blockbuster by mail 1 month free), so that month free finished and I add the BBMP, but now there is no store. And If I rely only by mail it takes too long. Also There is no stream yet on 922, like to keep it. So can I cancel without the fee for changing programming?. :mad:
After speaking with customer service, if you cancel you also lose your former Platinum service. This is now Movie Pass and you might miss some of the channels.

Scherrman said:
You do know that Dish doesn't have any control over which stores close right?

Huh? Of course they do. Dish bought blockbuster. They have complete control over which stores close.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Huh? Of course they do. Dish bought blockbuster. They have complete control over which stores close.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
They do not have complete control over franchised stores as far as folding/closing is concerned.

Last edited:
Fair point about the franchised stores. For the company owned stores they have complete control.

This was one week ago.
Can I cancel my BBMP?
I just added it 2 days ago, but 2 days ago I HAD a BB store here around, and today that I went to return my movie, it was closed... without warning, just closed.
So why do you offer the "On store returns" when the stores are still closing?

That was the best part of the deal for me, because the store was really close and last week that I made an instore return was great ( I was in a Blockbuster by mail 1 month free), so that month free finished and I add the BBMP, but now there is no store. And If I rely only by mail it takes too long. Also There is no stream yet on 922, like to keep it.
So can I cancel without the fee for changing programming?.

:mad:

Guess what people?
Movie have not come yet.
And it was a week ago when I send it!
That's why it is really bad to not have a store open around!!!!!
:(

I guess a lot depends on how close you live to the distribution center. Here in Connecticut the distribution center is in Hartford which is centrally located and pretty close to any city in Connecticut. When I mail back a movie, blockbuster gets it the next day and mails out my next movie. I receive the movie the next day. That is the same turnaround time that I got with Netflix (which I have now dropped).

For me, the Blockbuster movie pass has been a great addition to the Platinum package that I already had. I am very happy with this free perk that was added to my programming package. Thanks a lot Dish!

The distribution center is actually in Milwaukee, an hour from here :eek:

With Netflix I can have 2 movies per week.... Now more than a week, and not even one :mad:

The distribution center is actually in Milwaukee, an hour from here :eek:

With Netflix I can have 2 movies per week.... Now more than a week, and not even one :mad:
Have you inquired about it? Would make me believe there is something wrong with your account.

I live in Gilbert AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix and has a distribution center. Before BBMP started, service was great but since BBMP it really sucks. If it stays this way I'm cancelling and will go back to Netfix until Dish fixes the service problem.

Have you inquired about it? Would make me believe there is something wrong with your account.

Something wrong with what?
I asked them and they said everything was OK.
That I need to choose more titles that say Available, but I acutally have only availabe... Not even Short Wait.
And the problem isn't that, because they sent me the email of movie shipped in time, but I hasn't arrived yet. I tell them and they sent another one Today expected to came on Wednesday...
Service is really bad. I actually activated the BBMP because of the in sotre rentals and that way it was better BUT the store close to me closed last week withouth warning :rant:. But the service by mail really sucks. Last time I received the 2nd movie on my queue, not the first one, and the first one said available, the second short wait. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)