Destiny (XBone, PS4)

I missed it too. That's ok though. I'm pretty positive I will want to play this game when it comes out so I'm ok with going into it fresh. This is one of those games where I'm going to try to go on media lock down until the reviews hit. Once I know I want to play something I like to go in with as little knowledge about the game as possible. With all the leaks and previews available today it's easy to see a lot of the surprises and big moments before you even play the game and I'd rather go in as fresh as possible.

I think I'll just wait for the full release. I'm pretty much sold already so I'd rather just keep everything fresh for the first time I jump in.

I'm not sold, so I guess I May as well jump in. I do find it slightly annoying that a big part of the Destiny Pre-order hype was that you got access to the Destiny Beta, but it's so easy to get a key through other means that it almost makes it meaningless. Hell I got a code by leaving a comment on a thread on Gamefront, and Joystiq and The Escapist were running contests all weekend. It's not really "exclusive beta access" via preorder if there's numerous other ways to get access to said beta. ;p

Anyone wondering what the beta will entail, it will be MUCH bigger than the Alpha. Here's some of the features thanks to a leaked ad from Gamestop.

Vwca9ws.jpg

Just a FYI, they're giving me 3 beta codes, so if anyone else wants to jump in on the Beta (and has a PS4) let me know.

YB - I'd like a code to check it out on the PS4. I downloaded the alpha, but never got to play it as I went out of town that weekend. Is it open all weekend?

I was really fired up about this game. Have been playing the beta for the last hour and a half or so and I'm pretty disappointed. It is really cheesy. Several of the cut scenes have good graphics and then the plane flys through and it just looks bad. Maybe that is because it is beta.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I missed the beta but I think this game has gone from a day one purchase to a Gamefly rental for me. Nothing has really turned me off about it, there are just a lot of games coming out this fall that I really want to play. I wish publishers would spread out into the summer months instead of trying to pack every major game release of the year into a month or two.

I missed the beta but I think this game has gone from a day one purchase to a Gamefly rental for me. Nothing has really turned me off about it, there are just a lot of games coming out this fall that I really want to play. I wish publishers would spread out into the summer months instead of trying to pack every major game release of the year into a month or two.
It's all to get in on the last quarter/holiday sales. Yes it is very annoying especially for us Gamefly members where we have to play "Which of these games will suck the least?" in selecting our queue, and then managing playing enough before sending them back in hopes that you get the next game on release.

A buddy and I were talking about this game last night. He also played the beta. Both of us were fired up about the game. After playing independently we both at the same reaction. It went from a preorder/day one purchase to a no play...

I wouldn't say it went to a "no play" for me, but it was never a "Day One" purchase for me either, because I would never do such a thing on a brand new franchise, even if it was from a reputable company. I still have it in my Gamefly queue so I'll try the full version when it comes out, but as I said, as of now I'm looking more forward to the Halo Collection than I am this game. If I had to gamble, I'd put money on the "disappointment" chip but I'm not ready to write off this game quite yet. The best part about having no positive expectations is that you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts