Detroit MPEG4 HD Now Online!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
roachxp said:
It was blackout for the the rest of the country outside NY area because not a sellout so how did you get this? NFL even said it was on the list of blackout games due to no sellout 48-24 hours before kickoff.

The Bills-Jets game was a sellout and was shown locally here in Buffalo. It had to have been soldout at least 72 hours prior to kickoff to have the local blackout lifted.

Mark

We are also taking orders for new activations in the Detroit DMA. Same deal, $200 DIRECTV mail-in rebate.

No upgrades through any dealers, upgrades are all handled through DIRECTV and their HSPs.

-Robert

Robert,

How about individual dish sales? Will they be available from you soon? Would youi know the diameter of the mast. This might cause some trouble for us apartment/condo dwellers if a larger mast is required.

guffy1 said:
D* ran an add in The Detroit Free Press advertising new HD Locals in Detroit..

They are going to be getting all kinds of calls form existing Detroit subs regardless of what anyone reads on this message board..

Hehe I didn't think about that one. :)

It has taken us so long to build up some good contacts at DirecTV that I did not want to blow things by having 27,000 SatelliteGuys Member calling them and asking them what up. :)

So I guess if you call them up, dont say you saw the information here at SatelliteGuys, instead tell them you saw the ad in the paper. :D

BTW welcome to all the AVS folks, good to have you back!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hehe I didn't think about that one. :)

It has taken us so long to build up some good contacts at DirecTV that I did not want to blow things by having 27,000 SatelliteGuys Member calling them and asking them what up. :)

So I guess if you call them up, dont say you saw the information here at SatelliteGuys, instead tell them you saw the ad in the paper. :D

BTW welcome to all the AVS folks, good to have you back!

I can assure you my friend didnt say anything about Satellite Guys when he called...

He is not a member here or at AVS..

He is not even an HD enthusiast really, he still thinks the upconverted 4:3 content on ESPNHD is true HD :)

Neutron said:
Nice to see that some idiot at AVS decided to call D* anyway, not reading what was posted here.

I'm confused what is that supossed to mean? That they should trust us/the story and shouldn't have to call or that MPEG4 isn't ready yet?

Didn't sound to nice anyways...

I see that the ad in the paper is for new resi subscribers only if you read the fine print. It is also from a dealer, not from Directv itself, and says to go to the store for details. Also said eligibility determined by address. BUT--it does show some progress in getting the systems setup.

Kevinw said:
As former Detroiter, that actually lived in side the city limits- 3rd and Canfield for those that remember the Old Vernor's plant, I would say Hockeytown :D
Wow, that brought back some memories. I lived on the corner of Cass and Canfield in an apartment with a thousand cockroaches for six weeks. Neighborhood was so scary then that we pushed a chest of drawers up against the door at night before going to bed.
Oh, Vernors, yech :eek: but that was just my tastes.
Eventually lived in Westland, MI, but commuted to Detroit every day for work.
Six years. Hey, I liked Detroit.

roachxp said:
It was blackout for the the rest of the country outside NY area because not a sellout so how did you get this? NFL even said it was on the list of blackout games due to no sellout 48-24 hours before kickoff.
Don't know what to tell ya. I was watching part of it yesterday, not in HD however.

"For access to DIRECTV High-Definition programming, a triple LNB multisatellite dish antenna is required."

Uhm, Best Buy, you might want to amend that statement.

Beavis said:
"For access to DIRECTV High-Definition programming, a triple LNB multisatellite dish antenna is required."

Uhm, Best Buy, you might want to amend that statement.

Actually its true in one case, lol
they should of added an another statement saying

"For access to DIRECTV LOCAL High-Definition programming, a 5 LNB multisatellite dish antenna is required."

;)

Actually the 3 LNB statement is correct, if you look at the new dish it only has what looks like 3 LNB's (however there are actually 5 LNB's there.)

This is going to confuse a lot of people over what 3 LNB dish they get.

"A dish that sees 5 satellites but looks like it has 3 LNB's, but they're combo units"

There we go! Haha.

I was informed by Directv that I will be contacted within 72 hours for an install date on the new dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)