Detroit Tigers 2008

That's embarrassing Paul. 4-0 to the Royal's? I thought you guys didn't need pitching when you have all those "bat's"!? :D

Meanwhile, my Tribe is up 6-1 in the bottom of the 7th. Carmona is pitching a gem. 4 hits, 1 run through 7.....

*Edit: It's Final. Tribe wins 7-2! Going for the sweep tomorrow at noon!

Well seeing the Royals will finish third inn the AL Central this year and the Sox behind them, Cleveland should win thier games.

Jimbo

That's embarrassing Paul. 4-0 to the Royal's? I thought you guys didn't need pitching when you have all those "bat's"!? :D

Meanwhile, my Tribe is up 6-1 in the bottom of the 7th. Carmona is pitching a gem. 4 hits, 1 run through 7.....

*Edit: It's Final. Tribe wins 7-2! Going for the sweep tomorrow at noon!

Paul,
Is HD MM going to rag on us every time we lose a game this year ???

Like I said yesterday, the Royals always play Detroit tough.
The Royals have the overall record vs the Tigers ....

Tigers will get it going, I'm not worried, hopefully they won't play down to the low teams and well against then better ones this year, they did that constantly last year.

Jimbo

It's a long season Jimbo, (A lot longer if he is going to rag us every game!). Anyhow it's all part of the fun. Take heart my friend, the Tigers were swept by the White Sox in their opening series in 2006, and we all know how that season turned out. Besides we play Cleveland soon enough. By the way- the only reason the Tig's lost yesterday was because my brother-inlaw was at yesterday's game, they always lose when he goes. He has the same effect on the Lions. (He has season tickets for them). :D

Not a good week for that team picked to go all the way this year.....I know Paul is already a fan....but the rest of you Tiger folks might want to take up hockey as an "alternative sport" :D

I don't know about you guys, but I sent an angry e-mail to SI for jinxing our team. What do they have against us? As if Detroit didn't have enough problems on it's own (economy, lack of jobs, corrupt mayor, etc...).

Not a good week for that team picked to go all the way this year.....I know Paul is already a fan....but the rest of you Tiger folks might want to take up hockey as an "alternative sport" :D

Rob,
I've been a hockey fan all my life.
Also a Tigers, Red Wings, Steelers fan as well.

Jimbo

What is up with the Tigers? I thought they'd be rockin' this year.

They will be fine, no time to panic.
Were only what 5-6 games into the season.
If I recall, the Yankees had a very slow start last year at least the month of April, and they are expected to win EVERY year.

Jimbo

I have managed to hear or see all the games so far this year.
Tonight they are falling apart, some seeing eye hits scoring runs, others shoddy Defense, things you should not be seeing from a mostly veteran team.

Everyone seems to be pressing and it looks like the concentration of the team is terrible.

I will no longer be watching or listening to Tiger baseball, maybe they will win the WS then. :D

Jimbo

They will be fine, no time to panic.
Were only what 5-6 games into the season.
If I recall, the Yankees had a very slow start last year at least the month of April, and they are expected to win EVERY year.

Jimbo

Last time the Tigers went 0-6, they lost 119 games.

And that was in the recent year of 2003! Could this be another modern day losing record history making in the works?! BTW, the 119 loses set the record for worst in American League History!

Just for note the all time records for most loses in MLB history are:

1899- 134 losses: Cleveland Spiders- NL
1962- 120 losses: New York Mets- NL
2003- 119 losses: Detroit Kitties- AL

And that was in the recent year of 2003! Could this be another modern day losing record history making in the works?! BTW, the 119 loses set the record for worst in American League History!

Just for note the all time records for most loses in MLB history are:

1899- 134 losses: Cleveland Spiders- NL
1962- 120 losses: New York Mets- NL
2003- 119 losses: Detroit Kitties- AL

I notice it's the NON Tiger fans that are boasting about losing records.

This team WILL turn it around, like I mentioned earlier, the Yankees did pretty well last year and they JUST made .500 at the end of MAY.

You Indians fans better hope that your team gets out ahead by quite a bit , before the Tigers get it going.

Jimbo

A quick look at the AL standings shows the Tigers are only 4.5 GB at this point, hardly enough to panic over.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: Standings: Regular Season Standings

Cleveland doesn't seem to be lighting the world on fire either, they are only 3-3
Do we expect someone other than the Indians or Tigers to win the Central after it all shakes out ???? I doubt it.

It seems that Boston and NY also have not gotten off to a great start either.

All this said, the Tigers have looked very bad so far this year however they go on the road for the first time this year and could change everything over the next 10 days.
It's going to be either fun to see them get back into it, or very PAINFUL.

Jimbo

It's only April 7th. 156 games to go. Disappointing start to say the least, but really guys, 156 games to go. If you want to write Detroit off, be my guest. As for me, well it ain't over till the fat lady sings. This team will turn it on soon, and when they do, I'll be back to see what you fans from that "evil city to the South" have to say then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)