Did Dish Network ever enable the "add locals" feature for the OTA dongle?

I just received my hopper last week and got the OTA dongle today. I would like to know if I rotate my antenna and pull in two more channels in I would like to add, would I lose the 4+ channels I have already saved? this is my first post here on sat. guys and I enjoy getting the info. here from all. thanks..

In order to add channels, you have to run a scan. Each scan REPLACES the channels already saved. So based on your description, yes you'll lose them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dish's engineering group knows it is broken. Refer to my post # 15 as to why it's not fixed yet. Hint: Someone above the engineering team has probably given other things a higher priority.
We can conjecture all we want. The truth lies elsewhere than here.

Also, the rescan loses they Custom Label of each channel. It is a PITA to relabel the many channels that require it. While the Dish rescan does have more properly labeled channels than ever, I still have to label far too many. Remember, here in LA we are dealing with at least 156 channels and growing, still. I really dread a re-scan, but it is the only way to get the new channels that appear and are in English. I had to go through re-scan hell for Cozi TV, then for Bounce, then for MOVIE, then for City; then for GetTV---it never ends here. I can't wait to be able to add a single channel.

I can't believe this is still "Coming Soon".
This has gone beyond being a joke on us.
And at what point did the 30 second skip button become so sluggish? Months ago it used to be snappy as can be, and for a long time now it stops and starts like a car on a wet road.

It's like DISH has just stopped working on the existing bugs . I know of 3 that stick out, that should really be fixed.

1.Name based recording on ota sub channels.
2.protect feature still doesn't work.
3.Folders can't be edited or created.
**Bonus would be to fix the add ota channel feature that I have been waiting for since the ota dongle premiered.

I wish that they would put more emphasis on fixing these 3 bugs and stop fooling with the damn applications that no one cares about anyway. I bought my hopper for my tv, because I like to watch the video ,not to play applications.

Reactions: foghorn2
I'd be a lot happier if they just actually RECORDED what I selected for recording from the EPG for OTA subchannels. Without having to do the manual recording workaround.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Reactions: foghorn2
I'm still waiting for my collections of OTA shows to be listed again like they were in May. As it is now all the shows are there but only one shows at a time. On my Iphone with Dish anywhere I can get the lists of titles on the Hopper but not those on my External Hard drives since I can't access my EHDs from the Dish app. Please Dish put OTA back the way it was in May when it worked right. Recently the"name based recording" was fixed, at least !

I'm still waiting for my collections of OTA shows to be listed again like they were in May. As it is now all the shows are there but only one shows at a time. On my Iphone with Dish anywhere I can get the lists of titles on the Hopper but not those on my External Hard drives since I can't access my EHDs from the Dish app. Please Dish put OTA back the way it was in May when it worked right. Recently the"name based recording" was fixed, at least !

No name based recording on ota sub channels. I still can't get a recording unless I create a manual timer.

DVr>my folders>edit>(select which folder you want to delete>edit action>delete

DVr>my folder>select folder>edit>edit action>rename

As the DIRECTV subscribers learned the hard way (when they gave customers scanning ability and then snatched it away), the OTA database is completely driven by the receiver software.

The tuner is pretty simple in an of itself; it just receives a request to tune a frequency and fires back with a stream (or an error if none is found).

DVr>my folders>edit>(select which folder you want to delete>edit action>delete

DVr>my folder>select folder>edit>edit action>rename
THANKS . I had completely forgotten how to do the edit. You used to be able to create a folder or edit lists when you tried to create a timer ,but that doesn't show on my list any longer. It is at the bottom and it cut off from view . At least now I can do changes again.

Doubtful we will ever see it. It sounds like DISH is not interested in supporting the ota guide data, why would they care to fix the ADD feature for ota channels. It's really a shame though. At one time DISH was trying to make the Hopper the all around entertainment center with the ota feature, Netflix, Pandora and soon Vevo. I feel that the failure to support the ota guide data will push even more people to move to TIVO for ota or just cut the cord entirely. You would think that they would do everything they could to help KEEP customers ,even those that like ota and the sub channels. I guess they will find out the hard way with more churn.

Were back to 80's VCR technology, if you set a timer for channel 2, and then wanted to record channel 44 from the other direction afterwards, there was no vcr to rotor interface to automatically turn the rotor before recording. But at least it recorded something, ghosts and snow and all!

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts